VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo Denied My Claims, No Comment On Smr's, No C&p.

Rate this question

8up4life

Question

As the subject line states. The Local VARO denied all of my claims without considering evidence in their possession or ordering C&P exams. They awarded 10% NSC for Tinnitus ignoring my documented whiplash injuries and my combat. They denied claims for loss of use of L Arm ignoring the documented neurolical condition. They denied PTSD ignoring that I was attacked for 2 weeks by ballistic missiles followed by engaing the republican guard. They denied respiratory problems ignoring documeted difficulty breathing. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Basically they are telling me there is no evidence to support any of my claims but they cite the evidence they are ignoring. Im confused!

• HadIt.com Elder

You are going to need to NOD this denial, Get a Bash IMO and then get an attorney asap.

Do you have copies of your records?

J

This was a claim I filed in 2007. I never appealed it, it is final as of Jul. 2008. I started a new claim in 2010 and they awarded me 10% for L Shoulder in Oct 2013 which ignores the neurological conditions associated with it like winged scapula, trapezius atrophy, inability to abduct L Arm above 90 Deg. They pulIed a L shoulder sprain outta somewhere... Man I cant afford anything. My electricity is about to be cut off. I got kids and a german wife that I cant even afford to get legalized here so she can work or drive or anything.

• HadIt.com Elder

Explain "I was attacked for two weeks by ballistic missiles followed by engaging Republican Guard". What was your MOS? Did you get any combat awards or badges? If so I don't know how VA denied your PTSD claim.

Review the evidence list provided in the decision, item by item. Determine if all of the evidence you provided was, in fact, included in the evidence list. Then carefully review the Reasons and Bases they provide to see if the evidence on the list was in fact addressed. By addressed, I mean the decision must offer more than a perfunctory statement that there's no evidence or insufficient evidence to back your claim. They have to tell you HOW they got there, not just that they got there, and why the evidence you provided was insufficient to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with everyone above. Also, on your medical exit exam from the Military, it will list all your chronic conditions. If they relate to your claim, they will be automatically service connected, as long as you have been seeking help thru the VA. The VA is well known for denying Vets, yet they can not totally decline every condition that you apply for, as long as the medical evidence or current VA treatment supports the claims. For example the VA tried to say at first that my Chron's Disease was due to my Genes, but the Navy had already listed my Chrohn's as Service Connected, and in fact I was Medically Retired last year due to my disease. The VA could not deny me on what was in front of them. Good luck and if you do have all the evidence to support this claim, file an NOD. God Bless and good luck

As the subject line states. The Local VARO denied all of my claims without considering evidence in their possession or ordering C&P exams. They awarded 10% NSC for Tinnitus ignoring my documented whiplash injuries and my combat. They denied claims for loss of use of L Arm ignoring the documented neurolical condition. They denied PTSD ignoring that I was attacked for 2 weeks by ballistic missiles followed by engaing the republican guard. They denied respiratory problems ignoring documeted difficulty breathing. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Basically they are telling me there is no evidence to support any of my claims but they cite the evidence they are ignoring. Im confused!

Something else doesn't sound right, VBA does not provide a compensable evaluation for a condition

that is NSC.

Can you post the Reasons And Bases Sections of the decision - without personal info like

name, address, claim number, etc . . .