VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After Recent C&p I Have One Concern.

Rate this question

usdart

Question

During the C&P the examiner asked me about harming others.

I started thinking about those I had killed or wounded and started crying. I told her I did not want to ever hurt anyone again. It took a little doing to calm down and get the subject changed.

I don't know if I shot myself in the foot or not?

I am NOT going to lie about this stuff for anyone or anything!

Edited by usdart

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

USDART.... thanks for sharing your story. I will admit I feel your pain brother and to be honest I felt emotional just reading the few words you posted. I am a Marine, but before that I was a man, one that doesn't show emotion very often especially in front of others. When I had my C&P exam I was asked the same questions and sitting on that couch in that office my heart began to race. Before my exam I thought I had prepared myself for any question that was thrown at me, but I was wrong. My emotions took over and I was unable to answer the question. Completing 3 combat tours in Iraq I have done numerous things in my life that have left permanent scars on my brain.

I know its easier said than done, but don't worry about your answer brother I think it will come out in your favor. Once again I will say I feel your pain....I live with your pain. I hope one day you will be able to find peace and the VA will honor the benefits you deserve.

Semper Fi

Edited by jfarr22384

Thanks for the encouragement! I was afraid they wanted to hear I was violent toward others.

I have already had all that stuff I will ever need.

Actually, it is good to say what we were exposed too, and that we are still messed up, we just don't want to hurt anyone else. Us being emotional shows the VA, that we are messed up, but not so incapacitated that we can not pay are bills or function somewhat. Good luck to you and keep us posted. My C&P is on Friday, and I promise you that this weekend I will be writing on here, telling you guys about my emotional breakdown, Lol.