VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Hearing Notice

Rate this question

qrdgv2tebc

Question

I received a letter today from thr VA, Manila, telling me i will have a videoconference hearing on OCT,13,2006. it also states that the BVA has adopted a "trailing docket" method of scheduling their hearings.rather than assigning a specific appointment for each claiment to meet the board member, a group of claimants will be ask to assemble at a cetain time and each will be taken in turn for their hearingas soon as the preceding person's hearing concludes, they are allowing only [15] minutes to [45] minutes per hearing, this sounds fishing to me, what if you need more time, like me i have one claim that goes back [9] years.

My question is will the BVA have my record sent to them by Va, Manila before the hearing, so that the BVA can see my record and evidence for each of my claims. the also sent with this letter a "ATTACHMENT " "A" that i have to send back to them withing a month, checking one of two boxes.

[1] I will be available on this day for my hearing

OR

[2] I will not be available on this date. I understand that a hearing is not mandatory. Please certify my case to BVA, I no longer want a hearing

Is this how thing are done with a BVA hearing, it states that my hearing will be before a Veteran's Law Judge in Washington, DC.

All input would be appreceiated.

Patrick

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi I live in Angles City,it is about two hours from Manila, We have a VARO here, and a OPC clinic, but the veterans have a very hard time getting things done here. most of the vets hee are really in a bad way, all the adjudicators are Filipino's, young Filipino's, never served in the American or Philippine forces. they make the decision on our claims, all the doctors at OPC are filipino's, all useless. the only Americans we have are the director of the VARO and the Director of the OPC Clinic, they just rubber stamp everything. they are to busy golfing. so it is hard to get claim approved here.

Patrick

Patrick-if you could get hold of a copy of the VBM published by NVLSP-they have considerable information on BVA hearings to include Video conferences-

If you have any new or relevant evidence with you and this evidence can be held up to the video monitor for the VLJ to see it, (Veterans LAw Hudge in Washington),then documented, and presented as part of the the video-

This conference should somehow acknowledge the evidence that VA already has- bring a list of whatever you have already sent and a copy of what you have already sent, and also bring anything new that you want the Law Judge to put into the record.

I suggest you watch a live court trial on CNN-

the lawyer will describe the evidence, and then approach the clerk for it to be marked into the record-

this conference however is to identify what evidence they have already and gives one more opportunity to add more evidence into the record.

The VLJ can also leave the record open for any additional evidence that you describe but do not yet have to put up to the moniter.

If the VLJ does not offer to keep the record open for new evidence -ask him/her to do this-

but tell them what evidence you are going to submit and when you can submit it.

I would not worry where the c file is at this point because this is only a hearing-not a time for a decision-

The video cameras can zoom in on documents or scars, whatever-

Patrick-I advise you to leave the picture that you emailed me years ago-at home-

that picture can hurt your claim.

Hi Berta

I have been trying to figure out what picture i sent to you years ago, i just don't know remember who was in the picture or what was in the picture. i wish you had told me years ago , that the picture was going to hurt in me. because it is proble that VARO already has the picture, otherwise i would have not sent it to VA. i have sent so many picture to them, right now i just don't remember the picture you are talking about. if you can give me some idea of who was in the picture, or what was in the picture, i can go throught my files to try and find it.

Patrick

You sent me a picture of you standing at a Camp sign near the DMZ in Korea.

Anyone who spends time at the Korean War Project ( like many Korean vets who work for the VAROs and the BVA )should recognize that picture immediately.

I know the vet who is in that picture that you sent to me and mentioned this in email to you years ago.

It was not you.

Edited by Berta

Pat,

Don't take what I'm about to say wrong as it took me 9 years & a Lawyer to get Comped.

But, if the Vets are getting screwed so bad in the Phillipines what are U doing there?

I've been there as I was in the Navy 1964-1968.Subic Bay,Phillipines.

Nice town with a lot of bars.

I realize the entire place is not like that & have heard Subic is no longer an American Port.

If U have a good claim don't U think it would be a good idea to come back State side,get it approved & then go back?

Hey man, just an idea so don't take it the wrong way just trying to help U if I can.

Sincerly,

GARY

You sent me a picture of you standing at a Camp sign near the DMZ in Korea.

Anyone who spends time at the Korean War Project ( like many Korean vets who work for the VAROs and the BVA )should recognize that picture immediately.

I know the vet who is in that picture that you sent to me and mentioned this in email to you years ago.

It was not you.