VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Hearing Notice

Rate this question

qrdgv2tebc

Question

I received a letter today from thr VA, Manila, telling me i will have a videoconference hearing on OCT,13,2006. it also states that the BVA has adopted a "trailing docket" method of scheduling their hearings.rather than assigning a specific appointment for each claiment to meet the board member, a group of claimants will be ask to assemble at a cetain time and each will be taken in turn for their hearingas soon as the preceding person's hearing concludes, they are allowing only [15] minutes to [45] minutes per hearing, this sounds fishing to me, what if you need more time, like me i have one claim that goes back [9] years.

My question is will the BVA have my record sent to them by Va, Manila before the hearing, so that the BVA can see my record and evidence for each of my claims. the also sent with this letter a "ATTACHMENT " "A" that i have to send back to them withing a month, checking one of two boxes.

[1] I will be available on this day for my hearing

OR

[2] I will not be available on this date. I understand that a hearing is not mandatory. Please certify my case to BVA, I no longer want a hearing

Is this how thing are done with a BVA hearing, it states that my hearing will be before a Veteran's Law Judge in Washington, DC.

All input would be appreceiated.

Patrick

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you were in the specific area on the Z (well the south part -a swath of land I described here before-not in the DMZ-) prior to Aug 1, 1969-and if you have any AO illness on the presumptive list-this would be a good claim for service connection due to AO.Because -as I recall- your unit might have been there on maneuvers or surveillance during or after the spraying - 2nd and 7th ID (CAV)

The VA, with your AO claim and your MOS will attempt to put you into that swath of AO land if you fit into the spraying dates that DOD has determined.

What was your MOS- I forget -sorry Patrick----

Edited by Berta

If you were in the specific area on the Z (well the south part -a swath of land I described here before-not in the DMZ-) prior to Aug 1, 1969-and if you have any AO illness on the presumptive list-this would be a good claim for service connection due to AO.Because -as I recall- your unit might have been there on maneuvers or surveillance during or after the spraying - 2nd and 7th ID (CAV)

The VA, with your AO claim and your MOS will attempt to put you into that swath of AO land if you fit into the spraying dates that DOD has determined.

What was your MOS- I forget -sorry Patrick----

My Unit is on the AO list, my unit was there prior and after. 1Aug 69. we had 50 to 90 rotations to the Z. my MOS was 94B30. but on the Z your MOS did not mean a thing. most of the nightly patrols were made up of cooks , clerks, supply, most of the time we had C-Rations twice a day one hot meal. we would team up with 1st/23Inf or 2nd 17th Inf.

Patrick