nono50

Ibs

44 posts in this topic

A colonoscopy will show IBS as the tissue would be enflamed. I have even heard of people having partial or full resections due to severe IBS, so it's not like they would make this up just to have part or all of the colon removed. Trust me, this is one surgery that takes months to get over/recover fully. Even after recovery, your body isn't the same (habits change, food irritates that didn't before, etc.). Ask that you get a scope and see what the doc says. If you are already at least 45 - 50, you should be getting one anyway.

Jeep,

I had Parasites In OIF/OEF and South America. The VA at first tried to say that I had Crohn's due to defects in DNA, WTH!

Defects in DNA, that's one i have never heard of! Me getting pancreatitis couldnt be explained, like you, I figured i just has the Iraq craps like we all had at one time or another over there. I know this, having diarhhea constantly, throwing up with an IV, in Iraq was not fun at all, esp in June!!!!! I hate porta-potties!!!

Defects in DNA, that's one i have never heard of! Me getting pancreatitis couldnt be explained, like you, I figured i just has the Iraq craps like we all had at one time or another over there. I know this, having diarhhea constantly, throwing up with an IV, in Iraq was not fun at all, esp in June!!!!! I hate porta-potties!!!

Ah porta potties of Iraq, memories. Not good. I wonder how hot those things were when it was 130 degrees plus, even with the white roofs those things were a sauna. I remember those days.

Have you found any diet or supplements along with RX's that have helped?

I'm currently on 80mg of omepeazole, 10 billion CFU of probiotics, and 2 grams of colestipol a day to control the reflux and chronic runs.

Hot and very stinky is all that i remember!!!! I was so happy when i was Medevac'd to Baghdad, that hospital had real toilets, they flushed and i didnt have to walk a country mile to get to them!!!

I take Protonix along with Mesalmine-also have a steady diet of mirilax cocktails!!!!

Hot and very stinky is all that i remember!!!! I was so happy when i was Medevac'd to Baghdad, that hospital had real toilets, they flushed and i didnt have to walk a country mile to get to them!!!

I take Protonix along with Mesalmine-also have a steady diet of mirilax cocktails!!!!

Man I remember those days. That stuff is awful. I think it compares to the berium they make you drink when they examine you. Cherry and banana flavored. Lies. It still tastes like crap. I really haven't found the right combination of rx's, diet, and OTC to fully get rid of my symptoms or make a significant difference, it is a daily battle. Some days are good and some days are really crappy, *no pun intended*

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities