VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Does It Work?

Rate this question

roddyrodbro

Question

I hope this is the correct place to ask this. If not, I do apologize. I have MS and urinary frequency. I have the urge to go about every 30-45 minutes. I know that MS is rated at 30% minimum and that urinary frequency less than an hour is 40%. I have been on some medicine that has helped and the urge to go is about an hour and half now, which is rated at 20%. Does the VA rate me on my normal baseline without medication at 40%, or 20% on continuous medication? It doesn't really matter that much, but I would like to know how this works? Thanks for the help.

6 answers to this question

Jones v. Shinseki 2012 says they have to rate you on the baseline before medication. They cannot legally take the medication into account in deciding the rating. File a NOD if they low ball you.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/cavc-jones-v-shinseki-diarrhea-vs-loose-stools/

Yeah, you know to me it would be similar to a person being rated for high blood pressure, but when on medication they no longer have high blood pressure. Are they rated for high blood pressure even though it's gone with medication? That is why I was thinking they would have to base it off your normal baseline before medication.

Has anybody had any luck filing a claim and using the "Jones v. Shinseki" information, or had to file a NOD using it?

roddy have u had any type of surgery, since my kidney and adrenal gland removal. im on abt the same schedule. abt every 45 minutes, what medicine did they give u that helps. thanks

I first tried Detrol with with no joy, and am having better luck with Solifenacin. They want to try acupuncture and then botox injections next to see if they can get it better. I really don't want to do the botox injections for personal reasons, so I'm hoping I can respectfully decline.

I haven't had any type of surgery.

"I'd be pissed off." That is actually very funny. The pee almost came out. ;)