VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Exam Question

Rate this question

Navywife55

Question

My husband had his c@p exam for ptsd 2 weeks ago through the Nashville, TN VA. How long does it usually take after the exam to change from gathering evidence to reviewing on ebenefits?

Are there any queue's from the exam that would suggest the claim would be granted service connection?

Thanks for any input.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If the exam was done at a VAMC (it appears that it was) and not by QTC, he can request a copy of the results from the Records Access Officer or FOIA/Privacy Act officer at the VAMC.

The copy of the exam will reveal what he can expect.

I just had 6 C&P exams last Friday for an FDC increase. The exams already showed up on MyHealthEVet. I hope both of are claims start to move, but from what I hear it depends on the RO. My RO in Waco is averaging 10 months on FDCs, and I submitted my FDC in Sep 2013, so that means that I might still have a few months to go. Good luck to you and I hope your claim starts to move. God Bless and keep us posted

My husband had his c@p exam for ptsd 2 weeks ago through the Nashville, TN VA. How long does it usually take after the exam to change from gathering evidence to reviewing on ebenefits?

There is NO time frame for this or for a decision to be made.

Are there any queue's from the exam that would suggest the claim would be granted service connection?

Somewhere on the exam the examiner should opine on the cause of the PTSD.

If the examiner relates the PTSD to active duty - that's your clue that SC should be granted.

Thanks for any input.