VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hoping For The Best

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

Hello everyone I have been reading through many of the threads on this site and I have seen loads of great information and inspirational stories. I am currently working with a VSO from DAV. He recently submitted a FDC for an increase based on my PTSD worsening. I have some other issues that are attached to that claim also. I really feel like I may have taken some missteps in this whole process but having found this site I am hoping I will receive the correct rating with you guys support. My first claim was basically denied I was granted 10% for a shoulder injury and everything else was 0% or denied. Five years after that I was diagnosed with PTSD and my compensation went up to 40%. I was rated 30% for PTSD. I didn't agree but I didn't do anything. Fast forward to today five years later I have a FDC received by the VA and I am now awaiting the next steps. I am going to document everything here so other veterans who may be going through what I am can read this and see it and hopefully it will help them.

I don't have my official bbe yet but I did receive the DAV letter yesterday and I laughed and I cried and I laughed and cried at the same time. I also yelled at some point. I am now unoficially 100% SC for PTSD. I have a bunch of other things deferred and headaches was the only one denied.

Congratulations. Time to celebrate.

Good luck to you.