VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hoping For The Best

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

Hello everyone I have been reading through many of the threads on this site and I have seen loads of great information and inspirational stories. I am currently working with a VSO from DAV. He recently submitted a FDC for an increase based on my PTSD worsening. I have some other issues that are attached to that claim also. I really feel like I may have taken some missteps in this whole process but having found this site I am hoping I will receive the correct rating with you guys support. My first claim was basically denied I was granted 10% for a shoulder injury and everything else was 0% or denied. Five years after that I was diagnosed with PTSD and my compensation went up to 40%. I was rated 30% for PTSD. I didn't agree but I didn't do anything. Fast forward to today five years later I have a FDC received by the VA and I am now awaiting the next steps. I am going to document everything here so other veterans who may be going through what I am can read this and see it and hopefully it will help them.

Congrats on the movement but be careful. My claim was at Pending Decision Approval on Mon, and today it went back to Prep for Decision. Good luck

Hey US Vet I printed a copy of the 100% award letter yesterday. Thanks a lot for you help and guidance during this trying time. I really mean that. You were a great attribute to me. Please keep helping veterans with their issues with the government.

Hey great news for you and your family. This process is such an up and down roller coaster, great to see someone reach the end of the ride. Thanks for the kind words. I was so ignorant when I was retired last year. This site along with a lot of good folks taught me how to challenge the VA the right way, and win a few every now and then. Since I had to stop working last Nov, this site has been a good Avenue for me to talk to, vent to, and help a lot of Vets, in turn helping me deal with my own daily struggles. God Bless you, go have a good meal to celebrate, and take a load off this week.