VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Help Us Cope

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I thought it might be fun to share our personal ways of coping with our common ailment.

For me: I like to go fishing by myself. No boat, no hassles, just sit and teach worms to swim.

I also have a 32 year old Honda M/C that I am slowly reviving. It now runs VERY nice and only needs paint and tires to finish-er off. I ride in all the local Charity Motorcycle rides right along side all the bada** Harleys and such. I don't do the after parties but, I ride alone and love it.

If you think this is a good idea, jump in and let's help each other out.

Gardening..a better term than Yard Work for sure. :lol:

I don't do yard work I have physical issues. So instead we have an arrangement with a person that does my yardwork. Hell even the small amount of gardening I do is physically hell on me most times but I try to persevere.

• HadIt.com Elder

Amicus

Are you homeless? I daydream about being able to get around like I used to when my wife and I used to go on trips. It was an adventure with her then. Now I don't know what it is? I also spend the days in the house watching Netflix. I go out to the store etc., but I miss being connected to society. When you are retired and disabled to some extent it makes in harder. If I could do something without aggravating damn injuries it would be great. I just can't do anything too long. I can't sit too long. I can't stand long at all. I can't even work online much. I can talk and give advice on my experiences and that is about it.

I dream of buying a lot of land (50 acres or more) and starting a farm of some kind just for 100% DAV. too come to, too have something to do. It doesn't matter what you do, just something to take up some time in your life that will help too cope. It doesn't have too be just PTSD, but 100% unemployable DAV's that need something to make them feel useful in life. I have a lot of ideas. I have plenty of monthly money, I have equipment w/experience. I don't have down payment. I found a really nice home with 123.5 acres and can afford the payments but not the down payment. That's MY Dream.

David

DS,

Sounds like a great place. My wife always gives me a hard time when we play the, If I win the Lottery Game, and I always say what I would do for other people first, and my wife says " What about us?", Lol!

DS,

Sounds like a great place. My wife always gives me a hard time when we play the, If I win the Lottery Game, and I always say what I would do for other people first, and my wife says " What about us?", Lol!

That's just it. I don't have to win the lottery. I only need about $35,000. to get going. Of course it's just a start.

David