VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Southwest Asia Presumptive

Rate this question

Mont36

Question

Well about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with ibs from the VA and private doctor. I was denied due to nothing on my dd-214 saying southwest Asia. Well after further attempts to get my dd-214 corrected, I was successful yesterday through the mail when I received a dd-215 with southwest Asia, and armed forces expeditionary medal. So my question could I go back to when I was first denied in order to get connected? I'm thinking since they didn't have the southwest Asia medal, I could go back for a possible cue. Seeing that the dd-215 could be used in a way to say it was like having it on my dd-214 but having to get it corrected. Any advice?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

title 38 cfr 3.156C. Service department records. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2009-title38-vol1/pdf/CFR-2009-title38-vol1-sec3-156.pdf

Take that DD215 and stick it to them. Your claim can be reconsidered based ont he regs above.

You should have no problems.

Basser

Basser,

Is on the right track, I am just so tired of us, having to do the VAs job. I know that they are spread thin, and there are good VA workers, there just seems to be too much bad, for what little good they do.

I cannot believe that they did not find that 215 documented service for you in the beginning. They are completely on your side and they will go to no ends to find such information for you. After all, they are there to help you. They have a duty to assist so just sit back and trust them. I'm sure in this case that they just slipped up and overlooked something and the employee that was responsible will be harshly disciplined and warned only once for this major violation. scuse me while i kiss the sky