VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looks Like I Got Denied

Rate this question

AmicusBrief

Question

I would start my logging into myhealthyvet, you'd be surprised by what information is on there. From there you can see if they did what's called a C&P review. They may have used your old C&P to deny your current claim. This will all be under the blue button on myhealthyvet. I knew what they used to deny me even before I got the BBE.

Then I would ask your VetCenter if there's a doctor they can refer for a IME. I know VetCenters do this but you have to ask.

Then go to VSO and ask for a reconsideration.

Edited by thomasc

Thomas,

Is on the money bud, just take your time and get with the right people, and ask the right questions, so the VA does not give you the runaround.

Sorry, I just noticed you had an attorney, did you ever use a VSO? What are your current ratings? When did you start your claim?

I had a VSO originally. Didn't do squat except tell me I'd never get approved so I did the claim on my own. My favorite part was I called him after I got my lowball award and he had the balls to say " looks like we got you approved". I said " whaddaya mean WE...$&@?!%£?!#*. I immediately mailed my NOD and notice discharging representative to the VA.

I'm rated 10% PTSD, 10% Tinnitus, 0% hearing loss. Filed claim June 2012, first decision Dec 2012, NOD filed Dec 2012, DRO hearing Jan 2013 with simultaneous request for TDIU, claim closed Feb 19 2014, waiting for my envelope now.

The good news is your rated for PTSD! The bad news is your ratings low. You really need your PTSD to be at least 70% before applying for TDIU.

Your treatment will be the key to your success, but its going to take time. I'd focus on PTSD increase and put TDIU on hold for now.

I'd lose your attorney for now and get a VSO. The order of the purple heart was highly recommended by my VA psych doctor after I complained about my claim being denied. What VSO did you have before?

Edited by thomasc

I had American Legion. I'm reluctant to drop my attorney. The guy showed up to my DRO hearing with less than a week's notice and drove 150 miles. He's been doing VA claims for 30 years and I'm not too sure a VSO could do better.