VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Questions?

Rate this question

jefmil50

Question

I am filing my 1st NOD but have a couple questions. Currently I have a VSO as my POA but prefer to submit this NOD on my own I guess this method is ok? My other question is how do I submit this form, do I mail it to the VARO in St. Petersburg certified return reciept or is there a way to submit online what ever is the best?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

If you don't officially fire your VSO, they'll wind up in the middle of your appeal whether you like it or not. Meghp recommends sending a letter and stating that their services are no longer required and that you are recinding your POA with them.

There are others who are much more qualified than me to describe the help or horrors they received from their VSO in the appeals process. Based on my experience with several VSOs through the claims process, decided to go it on my own. Another option is to hire a lawyer. Up to you. I'm going it alone thanks to the great advice from this site!

I notice your 100%, why are you filing a NOD?

I would wait on filing your NOD till you meet with your VSO! Your VSO should make sure its done right the first time. If you don't trust your VSO get a new one! But remember your VSO is part of your team and needs to be included in what your doing. Filing this without your VSO could bite you in the ass, and cause delays, VA loves any excuse to delay a decision, been there!

Edited by thomasc

I notice your 100%, why are you filing a NOD?

I would wait on filing your NOD till you meet with your VSO! Your VSO should make sure its done right the first time. If you don't trust your VSO get a new one! But remember your VSO is part of your team and needs to be included in what your doing. Filing this without your VSO could bite you in the ass, and cause delays that the VA loves. Just an excuse to deal a decision, been there!

He's going for a higher SMC / A&A.