VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebennies Feedback?

Rate this question

usdart

Question

So I was checking Ebennies again today and still no acknowledgement of ANY forms I sent in.

Then a 'Feedback Pop-up" shows up so I made a comment/complaint.

Basically I told them that ANY paperwork the VA requires always comes with a due date. Being we are required to act before a deadline is it too much to ask for Confirmation of Compliance? In a timely manner ?

This current system causes far too much stress on already stressed out Vets. This is entirely preventable and certainly should be.

My C&P exams were completed over three weeks ago, and my Stressor letters were sent in over a month ago and yet Ebenefits shows 'Evidence past Due'! The stress part comes from not knowing what (if any) of these Documents actually have been recorded. Is it not (at the very least) good manners to let us know you have recieved the required info?

Probably not going to help, But, we could ALL let them know our disatisfaction and demand change this or any other way we can.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

This is a very frustrating aspect of eBenefits and it impacts all of us.

Harleyman had some very good observations several months back as a guy inside the system about this. Don't have the brainbox power today to track down the posts but you might want to search them out. Basically, if my memory is inside the ballpark, it has to do with what raters do with their online systems and whether or not they use some sort of computerized checklist. I don't remember the whole story, but apparently no one uses the online checklist and so our eBenefits accounts all say they never got anything they requested...they might as well turn that part of the system off!

Your best bet is to send an IRIS request to check on the status of your claim and to see if there is anything you still owe them. I'd trust the email back much more than the eBenies system. An alternative is to invest 30-45 minutes on hold dialing the 800# but IRIS will eventually get you an answer in writing.

My Congressman called on my behalf and was told they have everything.

It still bothers me that part of the system does not make them update Ebenefits during the 'check in process' when Documents arrive for inclusion in the File.

I agree, this part is virtually useless the way it is administered and causes more stress than it does good for us as is.

Yeah...you know how these systems get built, right? Used to happen to us on active duty. Some brainy group from somewhere else looks at the systems you're using and tries to decide how they can upgrade them for you because they got this chunk of money to make it happen. Sure, they might ask some questions or follow the operators around for a day, but in the end, someone else decides how that guy on the front line is going to use the new system. So it shows up, replaces what you always had, and you lose capability.

Sounds like this is what happened with eBenefits to some extent. They put in some sort of checklist somewhere and expected it to be a big help...it wasn't and no one uses it. But, there's a feed to the veteran from that checklist that doesn't get used. So we're out here pulling our hair out, calling our Congressmen and Senators, and pinging them through every available means of communication as a result.

Good intentions that didn't quite work out as planned.