VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Think This Is A Success Story

Rate this topic

Hollis

I got a print out from the VSO yesterday that shows that my claim was finalized and he printed it out. I have mention it before that I did not have much faith in the QTC that did the P&C back in Jan. Well the audiologist was where I had faith in, but that was wrong to do. The following is my old rating and my new rating.

OLD RATING NEW RATING

PTSD = 50% PTSD = 70%

HEARING= 40% HEARING = 20%

TINNITUS = 10% TINNITUS = 10%

HEART = 10% HEART = 70%

70% 90%

I did not know I had a 10% rating on my heart until yesterday. That came up on the print out.

THE SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITY CALCULATOR IS SHOWING THE OLD AT 75.7. I thought if it was over 75 it would rounded up to 80%.

Does any one have any comments on what I should do next?

Thanks,

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the New 90% bud. Sorry to hear about the Hearing going down. You are lucky to even get a rating for Hearing Loss. I left the Navy last year with hearing loss, due to being Aviation and 5 years in OIF/OEF. Had a recent C&P for Hearing, and the Audio notes and Doc state Increased hearing loss. I don't expect an % for the hearing loss, other than my current 0%SC. I know 2 Vets with Hearing Aids and they both get 10%. Good luck with your claim

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I would appeal the 20% rating for my hearing. The VA is saying you hearing got better. This is impossible, of course. You will still not have 100% scheduler. If you are not working file for TDIU. The old rating should have been 80%. What is the basis of your heart disability? I think I would see a cardiologist. I am 60% for the heart and I have never seen a VA cardiologist. I saw a private one and he said the only way to find out was to get heart cath and I said no since I have no symptoms. I was granted 0% on the heart and appealed and got 60%. I might get some real evidence for the heart thing and appeal that as well. Have you had a heart attack? 10% for the heart is an odd rating. It means you have a mild problem. What is a minor or mild heart problem. If your heart stops you are dead!

Hi John, I have not had a heart attack, but I had a 95% blockage and a 40% blockage. The 95% was open up with a stent. The 40 % will more likely get a stent in April when I got see my private cardiologist. I think I am going to get a nuclear stress test that I had last time the blockage was found. I did not know I had the 10% for my heart till I got the report on my up grade. I also thought it would be 80% with the added 10%, but I have been paid for 70% I will have my VSO look into this and see what he thinks. I was puzzle also on the down grade on my hearing, how could it get better?

Once again thank for all the veterans who are helping other vets out.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Hollis on the 90% rating increase

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use