VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Ebenefits Questions

Rate this question

Missy08

Question

Hello All!

I'm new here but have been following many of the posts here and have received very valuable information.

I submitted a FDC for PTSD on 10/28/13. My claim finally moved to the Gathering Evidence phase in Ebenefits on 2/11/14 and I uplaoded the requested evidence. On 2/24/14 I noticed an extra box at the bottom that reads "What Do We Still Need From Others" the 'items' and 'from' fields are blank but there is a requested date (2/24/14) and due date (3/26/14) listed. Does anybody have any idea what this means? Could this possible be for a C&P exam as I have not been scheduled for one yet. Thanks for any feedback.

I hope that uploading evidence did not change your claim from FDC to Traditional Claim, which would make your claim take a lot longer. Also those dates on the bottom are for your RO requesting that the VA or your docs, submit DBQs pertaining to your condition. Or the RO is waiting for the VA to schedule you C&Ps and get the exam reports back to them for Evaluation of Increase. My dates say 1/14 to 4/14, and the next week I went to Gathering of Evidence, and on 2/14/14 I had 6 C&P exams for FDC increase, that I filed in Sep 2013. My C&P exam reports, showed up on MyHealthEVet last week. Good luck to you and you should receive a phone call or letter soon stating when your C&P exams are. Keep us posted

Navy04,

Thanks for your reply!

I guess I may have miss spoken. I didn't actually upload any 'new' evidence. They just requested my seperation papers (which I had already submitted) and they also made a note that they were requesting my SMRs so I just typed a letter to inform them that, as I indicated on my application my PTSD claim, it will not be noted in my SMRs because I didn't receive treatment at a VA facility. Instead to support my claim I submitted police reports and a letter from my private health care provider. So I'm hoping the note is to schedule a C&P exam. Also, this is an intial claim for me so I'm not requesting an increase.

Ebenefits is not reliable. On several occasions Ebennies said I had not sent 'required Evidence'. If you have a question about your File and what is needed just call the 1800 number and have then access your file and verify your current status.

Ebennies is a terrible tool the way it is administerd now. I know it is meant to help but, most of the time it causes confusion because of inaccurate information or incomplete update entries. Having said that, I check mine at least once a day and hope for the best anyway it is always a little brighter day when your Claim moves forward.