VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

eagle1012004

Question

When I had my PTSD C&P evaluation last week, after the ptsd part was done, she had me do a "Beck Depression Evaluation. It was over 320 questions and took about an hour to do. I looked at my records at myhealth to see if anything was in my records for the ptsd exam..(none posted), but this Beck Depression evaluation was there. The range for this is 0-63, with anything over 29 considered to be "severe depression" . My score was 52...so not only severe but also at the high end of the scale.

My question: is anyone familiar with this test ? Will the results play any part in the rating process? In otherwords, does this test mean anything other than telling me what I already know ? Or is this one tool the Dr will use in report to RO?

Thanks........greg

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I have never had to do the test, and my PTSD here soon should go up to 70-100%. The VA went away with the GAF score, used for Mental %, but just like the GAF and the test you completed, they do help in the final evaluation, for the rater to see how severe a SMs mental health disability is. You did just fine bud, you were honest, and just wait and see what the VA says. I know how you feel, I had 6 C&P exams on 2/14/14, and the results are on MyHealthEVet, and know I am going crazy just waiting to see what the RO gives me. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks SCPO...I appreciate your words and insight. I wish you all the best with your claims, and like you I am going crazy for the results. Patience is certainly not one of my virtues, or could that be one of my symptoms.

Navy04,

You are begining to show some signs of VA contamination. You stated "I am going crazy just waiting to see what the RO gives me." this indicates they are beginning to get in your head. The VA shouldn't be "giving" anything, you are not due a GIFT. You are due rightful compensation for injuries resulting from your service. They OWE this to you, you paid for this benefit in a finite currency -- Your Very Own Blood, Bones, Beliefs, and Psyche. They have a promise to keep an obligation that must be fulfilled.

Keep on doing what your doing.

Eagle, it sounds like this test/instrument reinforces the fact that you have a serious disability, The more of this type of evidence that is in the file, the better the chance that they will be compelled to do the right thing!

Best regards,

Edited by 71M10