VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody Have This Happen To Them?

Rate this question

wfdyer1

Question

I was doing my daily scan through e-benefits about a month ago and suddenly all my open claims dissapeared.It showed no open claims.I called the VA and was told that the claims were closed but that my appeal was intact.The claims that were supposed to still be open were for IU;Tinnitus;Hearing Loss and bruxism.Upon further investigation I discovered that a request was sent to the VA to close all claims sent from my VSO in Phoenix.Having given them POA I was told it didn't require my signature.The NSO representing me at the time was someone I didn't get along with and had several verbal confrontations.He was transferred to Philadelphia but left a trail of carnage in his wake.I guess you really have to be careful with whomever you give Power of Attorney to.I now understand why my DRO appeal for increase has been taking over 3 years. You really need to stay on top of these claims and not take anybodys word that they did what they said they would do.Suppose to have it straightened out by next week but who knows.It seems these VSO's will tell you what you want to hear and then do nothing at all.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Yes, very similar problem with my VSO. His heart was in the right place, but he hosed up my claim and then quit or was removed I dunno which.

I have a VSO that is very nice, has too much faith in the VA, and does everything half azz. I chose him because, one he is the only one available, two he is a 30 yr retired E-9, but he is but hurt because he only got 10% for a cut finger, and the VA did not grant his claim for being overweight, WTH!. I should be 100% soon, and he is the type that will tell veterans that I received my ratings because of him, yeah right. Didn't mean to ramble, just tired of us having to work twice as hard, to make up for incompetence.

It'll take some time but I should be able to get everything back to where it was.The manager of the office where he worked is being more than helpful right now but I'm curious to see what will happen when I ask her for a copy of the letter he sent to the VA.Any bets on whether or not it disappears mysteriously.It should be in my VA file at the Regional Office but I've heard of horror stories where you cant trust them either.I've got a politician watching my back now also and he seems like a straight shooter.Haven't told him yet of the fiasco.`The stuff could hit the fan here in Phx before it's all done with.