VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Notification

Rate this question

usdart

Question

JMHO, but there are parts of eBenefits that are more accurate than others and even that probably varies from RO to RO. I've usually had a good experience with the claims portion but had to know what to believe and what to ignore. The appeals part isn't anywhere near as good or accurate in my experience. What you've been paid seems right, and the diability verification letters have been an excellent indicator of what's coming in the mail - 100% accurate in my experience. Can't trust when they say a claim or a part of the claim's process will be complete. Can't trust what the system says it has and what you still owe them in terms of paperwork. Hard to trust the appeals part at all.

The idea must have been that they could save telephone operators and computer answerers by making information available to the veteran community. But it sure doesn't seem like it helped a whole lot. Do they get more calls and emails now because of what eBenefits says? They've received a bunch from me!

Good evening Everyone:) I'm a Newbie lol..I submitted a Fully Developed Claim (FDC) back on 4/23/14..for about 12 contentions (including PTSD) ..

I recently had a C&P exam for PTSD last Weds...and my claim was in the Prep for Decision Phase...now Today; it's all the way down to "Prep for Notification" ...When would I be as to view the "Benefits Summary Letter" in order to see a possible percentage?? I checked it today...and it said "No" next to Service-Connected Disability...

Is it too early to check & see an accurate update to the Benefits Letter on E-Benefits ..in the Prep for Notification Phase? Confused ..first ever claim

Good evening Everyone:) I'm a Newbie lol..I submitted a Fully Developed Claim (FDC) back on 4/23/14..for about 12 contentions (including PTSD) ..

I recently had a C&P exam for PTSD last Weds...and my claim was in the Prep for Decision Phase...now Today; it's all the way down to "Prep for Notification" ...When would I be as to view the "Benefits Summary Letter" in order to see a possible percentage?? I checked it today...and it said "No" next to Service-Connected Disability...

Is it too early to check & see an accurate update to the Benefits Letter on E-Benefits ..in the Prep for Notification Phase? Confused ..first ever claim

Welcome aboard!

It is too early to see a change in the benefits summary letter. Once the claim closes, that letter should update right away if your overall disability rating changed. There is also a new section in eBenefits on the "dashboard" (?) that shows what disabilities you have claimed and the rating for each.

Just to let you know, the status can bounce around quite a bit still, so don't get your hopes too high that you'll finally get an answer.

Gd Morning! Thanx for the Welcome Aboard Package Lol..You were absolutely right..it wasn't "Complete" till this Morning (4/8/15) ..when I re-requested the Benefits Summary Letter it said "70%" !!! Wow..really wasn't anticipating that ..But Thank GOD & Im surely grateful ....Of my 10+ items; I only received a C+P exam for PTSD (last Wed) then everything Closed within 7 days...wonder why I never got any additional exams? Is that un-usual? I did however file a FDC ...(with no outside Medical documents) maybe that helped