VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Mileage

Rate this question

frosty69

Question

I was just wondering if the medical mileage that Veterans get are the same at every VA, I always thought it was. I have always got .11, but then they subtract the $6.50 of the top, so I wind up with $.27, so don't even monkey around with it, unless I have to go to another VA futher away. The reason I ask, is because there was a Veteran from California, in Fargo, a couple of weeks back, claiming he gets $.27 cents a mile out there, and he only got $.09 in Fargo, boy was he mad, they called security on him, o get him settled down. I know you suppose to get more for C&P exams, and usually do, but I have been screwed out of that to, by having C&P on Saturdays, then going in a couple of weeks later when I had a Doctor appointment to try and get the money, but they refused.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have been through all of this in the past and to my knowledge the rule is if you have more than 3 appointments in a month you can get the full amount on the day of your 4th appointment. I wonder how many veterans always get the half amount even though they go more than 3 times in a month. Now i schedule or try to schedule for all in one day visits to save gas money. Also different VA's give different amounts based on budget since i go to one that is apx hour away and then i go to another that is same distance but, get about 10 dollars more for going. Hmmm which one would you rather go to? The one that pays more of course. As far as claiming for past VA visits because they were on Saturday. I have gone back a month and thats all they would let me go back on. Many of these VA's are on the same "HUB" and have direct computer links to your records to the other ones. If you dont go to one that is not connected to another then im sure they try and screw ya since they have no way to track it all. I filed the paperwork for an extra visit that i had for a sleep lab that was done on a SAT plus i was supposed to get the free breakfast ticket 10 days later and they gave me the meal ticket than but said the money that i was supposed to get would be mailed to me. They then asked me if i still wanted to file the paperwork because they said it takes many weeks to recieve it and some havent received it for a year. "I said yeah money is money"! and i got it within a month maybe less. Guess they have to explain in extra paperwork why you didnt get your Money if you have to ask for it again, and they dont like to do that because it draws attention to their department. Hope that helps

• HadIt.com Elder
I was just wondering if the medical mileage that Veterans get are the same at every VA, I always thought it was. I have always got .11, but then they subtract the $6.50 of the top, so I wind up with $.27, so don't even monkey around with it, unless I have to go to another VA futher away. The reason I ask, is because there was a Veteran from California, in Fargo, a couple of weeks back, claiming he gets $.27 cents a mile out there, and he only got $.09 in Fargo, boy was he mad, they called security on him, o get him settled down. I know you suppose to get more for C&P exams, and usually do, but I have been screwed out of that to, by having C&P on Saturdays, then going in a couple of weeks later when I had a Doctor appointment to try and get the money, but they refused.

Get a copy of all your appointments that you attended. Then request an audit or list of all payments made to you by travel section. Then file a claim for all dates you didn't receive payment for. They don't like you to do it but they will pay.

ANOTHER QUESTION I forgot to ask, the mileage is just for your service-connected disabilities, isn't it, or do they cover all, if you 100%, or doesn't that make any difference, I know when I had my back surgery down in Iowa, I got .11 a mile for 1100 miles, and not service-connected for back yet, still fighting a claim from 1971.

Get a copy of all your appointments that you attended. Then request an audit or list of all payments made to you by travel section. Then file a claim for all dates you didn't receive payment for. They don't like you to do it but they will pay.

On this statement, how far can you go back, as I haven't collected for travel pay in 10 years, and do they deduct the 5.50 or 6.50 of the top, for each visit, like they used too.

I usually have 3-4 appointments a month including blood work, and also try to schedule as many as I can on one day, as I never drive by myself anymore, even though I have a new 4-door pickup, as I have the wife with, if I feel like driving, but the wife drives most of the time. with my body the way it is, i can't even get into a car decent, it feels like I am sitting on the ground, at 6'4", I like the leg room in my Ford pickup, plus I get 21 MPH gallon, not bad for a V-8, and gas is down to $2.40, as the wife filled up in town today. I wish gas was the same price when I first started driving in 1961, 5 gallons for a dollar.

then I guess the VA lied to me, when i was at 50%, I was told i wasn't eligible, you had to be at 100% to get travel pay, and then only for service-connected disabilities. there seems to be no place on a VA site that explains this, or at least i haven't been able to find it. I was hoping someone knew the answer if they still deduct the 5.50 or 6.50 of the top, as it gets me to upset talking to the travel pay person, he is a jerk-off, who seems to think it is money he is dispening, and don't want to waste my time for $.27.

The only answer I have is if you are 50% or more you receive travel pay for all appointments

You get travel pay if your non service connected as well I know because right now im not sc. You also get the full amount after 3 visits in one month so on the 4th visit you get the full amount of your travel pay. so on the 4th they dont deduct the 6.50