VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Barretts Esophagus/ Bva Hearing

Rate this question

qrdgv2tebc

Question

Received call from OPC Clinic today, askinf if i ever had a C&P for my Barrett's esophagus claim which will be going before the BVA in OCT.. I told them that my claim has been in for three years, and i never had a C&P for Barrett's Esophagus. all the evidence i have on my Barrett's comes from my Fee-Base Gastro Doctors, all the endoscopies and biopcies diagnosis were by my Fee-base doctors approved by the VA. my claim is a secondary to my S/C gastritis/Gerd disease. I ask since the doctors were my fee-base doctors why would there be a need for a C&P, All my endoscopies show besides Barrett's, Gerd disease, Gastritis, Hiatal hernia, erosive esophagus.

Question: since this is a claim for secondary to Gastritis/Gerd disease, should i have a C&P?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I too filed a claim for Barrett's Esophagus back in Mar of 05. Too date I have not had a C&P for it either. I furnished my private Gastroenterologists diagnosis, endoscopy results, severity, and length of time he has been treating me for it. I have had at least 5 Endoscopies and get them every two years, sometimes every year. I have been on medications for it, Prevacid for 6 years and currently Aciphex (The Prevacid was killing me). No problems so far with the Aciphex.

I claimed service connection of the Barrett's onset to ulcers that occurred while in the Marine Corps over almopst 11 years. I have two medical entries and was treated for ulcers twice at different years which is in my SMRs that I furnished as the nexus.

My claim is at the rating board now and I was told I should have a decision within the next two weeks or so. It's been at the board since last week in June.

I have never received a VCAA or even acknowledgement of the Barrett's Esophagus claim as I have for the other conditions I claimed and also received C&Ps for.

Strange that no one ever gets a C&P for this condition. Has anyone here ever received compensation for Barrett's Esophagus?

I too filed a claim for Barrett's Esophagus back in Mar of 05. Too date I have not had a C&P for it either. I furnished my private Gastroenterologists diagnosis, endoscopy results, severity, and length of time he has been treating me for it. I have had at least 5 Endoscopies and get them every two years, sometimes every year. I have been on medications for it, Prevacid for 6 years and currently Aciphex (The Prevacid was killing me). No problems so far with the Aciphex.

I claimed service connection of the Barrett's onset to ulcers that occurred while in the Marine Corps over almopst 11 years. I have two medical entries and was treated for ulcers twice at different years which is in my SMRs that I furnished as the nexus.

My claim is at the rating board now and I was told I should have a decision within the next two weeks or so. It's been at the board since last week in June.

I have never received a VCAA or even acknowledgement of the Barrett's Esophagus claim as I have for the other conditions I claimed and also received C&Ps for.

Strange that no one ever gets a C&P for this condition. Has anyone here ever received compensation for Barrett's Esophagus?

Rocky

If you get your claim approved, i would appreciated, if you would let me know as to how they decided to approved yours claim, on what evidence.

Patrick

THis is my e-mail Address: barbell102@yahoo.com