VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tracking Your Mail To

Rate this question

Berta

Question

If you use Priority with tracking slip or certified mail- remember to track the mail on line at USPs -dont put any hyphens into the tracking number -just the same spaces as the number has on the receipt.

Asl them at the USPS site to email you confirmation of future activity-

I print out confirmations from USPS for all VA mail I send.

I was concerned about something- I used certified but days went by-no green card-

USPS just verified by email that the VA got this.

A proof of mailing with delivery confirmed at the VA means the mail is in VA's possession-

what they do beyond that -----who knows--but the USPS confirmation is the proof that VA has what you sent.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta, Green card.

Does certified mail use signature recipts? I may start using signature recipts and it they say they dont have it then I will go after the person who signed for it.

Edited by jstacy

Yeah-they have to sign the green card if you check the box for that-

I cannot believe the expense of the mail I have sent-in past 3 1/2 years-

When I raised hell with my POA in 2004, they then said to send VARO what I had, the vet rep here in Bath got a copy and then a copy to the vet rep with office up at the VARO-apparently the RO vet rep never knew they were representing me-my former vet rep locally said he needed no copies at all-so when my first DRO review happened-the RO vet rep on my POA was caught by surprise when the VA and him got my email that said What the Hell is this? because I got a sameo review and no one from my POA was there.(although their office is down the hall) That is when I got the socalled IMO conference without any mention of my IMO in all subsequent letters from the VARO.

This costs about 12 or more bucks every time I send evidence- I had A LOT of evidence-three entities get it but I bet

NONE of it has been read.(well they are reading it now-the squeeky wheel can often turn into acoustical trauma)

I asked the VA counsel under FTCA to pay me back 500 for my mail-plus the 4000 bucks for my IMOs but I am thinking now I should have asked for more.Maybe I will.

Men and women what gets me the most is that my c file had in it ALL of the stuff they said they never got during my last claims.

I sent the autopsy a dozen times- they never mentioned it-(1995-1998 SOCs)

VACO Medical Team in DC said in 1997 What autopsy?-good thing I was quick to call them-

When they got it I won my FTCA claim.

That too and other documents from former district counsel and the Chief Med doctor at Bath-all the missing stuff ---it was all in my c file!

One of our former members ,Tom Mercer,always reminded everyone to get a copy of their c file- you can go to the VARO wth an appt to see it but what good is that-a c file can be a day job-

get the whole thing- they will mail it to you with a formal request and you might be absolutely stunned by what is in it.

I still am shocked.

They awarded a vet I helped get 100% under Sec 1151 in less then 4 months after the day I typed his claim here for him. He didnt even understand the claim.

They could have awarded my Sec 1151 DIC in less than four months-they had their own doc saying there was malpractice.His report disappeared and they said this report never happened.VA District Counsel swore to me he gave the report to the RO-I called him up at his home because he had retired.

This critical report was in my c file,within 2 months after I filed the claim but they strung out my DIC claim for 3 more years by saying it never happened, no report was done.

Edited by Berta

The certified green card thing is not 100% a positive thing . I have had them the post office lose the green card lost in the shuffle also. It was lost when I sent my last DD214 from the mid eightys.But the VARO did acknowledge they received it.The mail system can get costly I have sent every bit of everything 1st class certified mail most overnight.Knowing it is there is worth it. and it leaves a good trail.

Macool

Edited by macool

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

I bet the last claim I filed that the VA said was lost is in my C-file and I am going to look at it. It I find it I am going to shove it right in their faces along with the letter saying they lost it.

Guest jangrin

There is a way to to get what you want to the VA in the mail and prove what it was you sent them. It is a "proof of mail" form that is filled out by a third party that states that on such an such a date they mailed by US mail and it list the items. tHEY POST MARK THE ITEM AND THEY MAIL IT FOR YOU . Then the third party simply signs and dates the paper with a contact telephone number and address. It does not have to be notorized but it is considered a legal document and will stand up in court.

JANGRIN

ps- I would also include with whatever you send a copy of the proof of service by mail....signed by the third party

Edited by jangrin

If you use Priority with tracking slip or certified mail- remember to track the mail on line at USPs -dont put any hyphens into the tracking number -just the same spaces as the number has on the receipt.

Asl them at the USPS site to email you confirmation of future activity-

I print out confirmations from USPS for all VA mail I send.

I was concerned about something- I used certified but days went by-no green card-

USPS just verified by email that the VA got this.

A proof of mailing with delivery confirmed at the VA means the mail is in VA's possession-

what they do beyond that -----who knows--but the USPS confirmation is the proof that VA has what you sent.