VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tracking Your Mail To

Rate this question

Berta

Question

If you use Priority with tracking slip or certified mail- remember to track the mail on line at USPs -dont put any hyphens into the tracking number -just the same spaces as the number has on the receipt.

Asl them at the USPS site to email you confirmation of future activity-

I print out confirmations from USPS for all VA mail I send.

I was concerned about something- I used certified but days went by-no green card-

USPS just verified by email that the VA got this.

A proof of mailing with delivery confirmed at the VA means the mail is in VA's possession-

what they do beyond that -----who knows--but the USPS confirmation is the proof that VA has what you sent.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

SInce I have found hadit U have been the person who has held me by the hand & answered all my school boy questions.

I agree with the one's the say U can send all the notorixed mail U want but how do you prove what U mailed?

Wait...............Gary finally has an idea.

How would one send a letter to the RO & inform them U have a copy & also have sent a copy to your Senator.

I suppose one would have to have all 3 notorized by a notory so it would be legal but that is the best way I can think to maybe shake them up a bit because if enough Vets write back to their Senattors they are getting no action & the VA denies getting the letter then it would seem something is a miss.

My RO is close enough where I can go & get it date stamped but it could just as easily get lost,misplaced or whatever but if I had them date stamp 2 maybe this would all stop.

Think I will do that next time.

What I have proposed sounds like a lot of trouble & would cost a couple of bucks but just maybe stat a fire under the VA;s butt to get on the ball or maybe not. Just an idea.

Berta. as U know I respect your knowledge, give me an opinion.

Thank U again.

Sincerly,

GARY

Gary,

I am not Berta, but

Getting copies notarized is a good idea, but you still have to mail those to the VA. Again, we fall under the unbrella of being able to actually prove what you sent. Okay, you have a green card, signed by someone, but what did they sign for. The envelope was sealed when they signed the green card.

Taking two copies directly to the VARO and getting them date stamped is by far the best method that we currently have, but that is for the lucky ones who live close enough that they can drive to the local VARO. A lot of veterans have to rely on the mail. This is where the big problem exists. Veterans are spending a great deal of money in sending information to the VA requesting a signed returned receipt when I am not sure that this is money being well spent. The VA can always say, yes they must have sent us something, but what they say they sent must not have been what we received because we don't have it in their file. Then, what good does it do to have the green card.

I am not sure what the answer is, but there should be a better way of being able to track the information actually being mailed to the VA so they don't have the ability to state that they didn't get it. And, the answer cannot be anything which the VARO says will cause them additional work.

mssoup1

Gary-I sure remember all you went through----

Perseverance is the name of the game- and evidence.

I got so disgusted in the late 1990s when they would say they didnt get this or that, that I began sending copies of everything to Sec. Jesse Brown and Hershel Gober-

I would mark CC: to The Secretary of the VA at the bottom of my RO submissions in the event of loss at the Buffalo VARO.

Then again-all they said they never got, didnt have, for three years -- was IN my c file when I got a copy of that.