VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision & Claims File Dispatch - 13 Feb 14...nothing Recieved As Of 18 Mar 14

Rate this question

TarheelCCM

Question

Looked at EBENEFITS and it states that a decision on my appeal was made on 13 Feb 14. Talked to a number of reps at the the 1-800-827-1000 number and was told the same. The last person I talked to said they could see a narrative was completed on 12 Feb 14. Could not tell me what it was but said I would be "happy"....assuming that this means favorable. Below is pasted directly from EBENEFITS....

• Local VA Office of Jurisdiction: Houston, TX
  • Power of Attorney: I - State Svc Org
  • Current Progress: Decision & Claims File Dispatch
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

Any idea on why I have not received a notification yet?

if I were you I would call your state rep and/or the BVA.

Last time I dealt with the BVA and the ombudsman this contact info worked :

BVA Ombudsman at 202-632-4623.

This is the main BVA phone number:
1- 202- 565- 5436

Also this is the email for the BVA ombudsman:

bva.ombudsman@va.gov

Yes I did....just got off the phone with the VA and they verified that a decision had been made in Houston. It is being reviewed and awaiting signature. Houston VA is very busy and it could take up to 2 months to actually get the letter/decision.

Well now the Houston VA has told my Congressman's office that a decision has not been made. This is after the BVA Ombudsman told me that the file was not sent to the BVA, but was closed out at the Houston Regional Office. This is after a multitude of calls have confirmed that a decision was made on 13 Feb 14, and also that a narrative was completed on 12 Feb 14.

Re-engaged with my Congressman's office and they are going back to the Houston VA and asking them to look at it again since almost every call and information on EBENEFITS and data at BVA states otherwise.

Unfreaking believable!!! I feel like my BP is going through the roof! To say that I am pissed is a gigantic understatement!

It takes awhile for the process to complete and we just have to wait it out.

Calling your congress critter again might just slow the process down, as someone has to

pull your claim out of line and provide an answer to your congressional liaison.

Personally, I would stay busy for another month or so and try to keep my mind

off of it.

jmho

Good news I guess from the Benefits Summary Letter on EBENEFITS....I will have to wait for an envelope with specifics

Include? Information Value Include the information in this row You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes Include the information in this row Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 100% Include the information in this row and the one below it Your current monthly award amount is: $3213.49 The effective date of the last change to your current award was: April 01, 2014 Include the information in this row You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes