VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank You T-Bird And Hadit Members

Rate this topic

shakeyswife

First, Congrats to All who have had success with their claims. And for those who have not, persist until VBA gets it right.

Just saw on e-bennefits, my husbands claim has been completed. He is rated 100% P & T with SMC and SMC-K.

We do not know the breakdown of the claim yet. It was for hearing, tinnitus, (already rated at 20%) PTSD & Parkinson's Disease.

They did forget about me though...........no dependents..........VSO stated it was standard operating procedure, because they don't know if the veteran was divorced or not at the time of decision. Took care of that right away!

Next step will be A & A, but to be honest, I surely hope a few years pass before we come to that. Gives us time to make sure we have our ducks in a row so that there can be no question for denial.

Oh yeah...........no future exams.

Edited by shakeyswife

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!

This is Great News and that is quite an award from the 20% SC he had..

I commend you Shakeyswife because you stood by your man and helped with this claim!

I hope you both can kick back and enjoy this victory.

The retro might be in your bank account before the formal letter comes.

Our spouses are not only often the best patient advocates we have, but often too, the best vet reps we could get!!!!!

(gee I dont have a spouse, or a vet rep and am not a vet but you all know what I mean.)

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations to you and your husband!! So glad to see the success stories flowing again!! My claim just went to Prep for decision so I'm praying for my success story soon. Enjoy the win and the retro and takes the time to relax and unwind.

Shyne-I

• HadIt.com Elder

They pay every veteran as single until you turn int he dependant form then they trerat it like a new claim for some odd reason. Get that form in asap.

Basser

long time coming, God is good, and helps us if we ask, im happy for your family, blessings raining down .!!! enjoy it.

Thank you for the congrats.

jbasser: the form 21-686c dependent form was filed along with the Parkinsons Claim.........had the vso submit it both electronically and by mail today....glad that I had taken the time to figure out the amount and found the discrepancy right away. The rep stated that it was SOP, I guess the va really wants to try and see if we are paying attention!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use