VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits File Upload Limit, Only Document Type Other Correspondence

Rate this question

dandlyons

Question

So I am new to all this and initiated a claim on eBenefits. I initiated a Disability Compesation Applications. I have gathered all supporting files. When I go to the Supporting Documents section, the only option for uploads is "Other Correspondence" and that category only allows 5 files maximum. I have a dozens of documents I need to upload. But I cannot for the life of me find a category for treatment records, or letters. Other Correspondence is the only option for document type.

I have not submitted the claim.

Is this some sort of bug? I have been through the sequence of questions a dozen or more times just to see if I was missing something.

Anyone know how to correctly upload the supporting files?

Thanks

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I still say I like the old fashioned mail system. Return receipt with documented proof of delivery. Maybe eventually the electronic means will be more reliable and efficient, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

First, Thank you for all the replies.

I have all of the forms and supporting files completed. This includes medical nexus letters, treatment records, buddy statements, and required forms. My military treatment records repeatedly record a diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis (PsA). It is an incurable degenerative illness that, in the majority of cases, will result in disability without treatment. Unfortunately, I was not informed of the diagnosis at the time as it responded to treatment. I only had reason to request and review my military records due to my recent disability. So I was left to struggle for years before it was again independently diagnosed. I advise any veteran to request their records and review them just in case they may be a diagnosis or issue like this of which they should be aware.

I found a old FAQ for the obsolete VONAPP software which says there is an upload limit of 5 file maximum of 1Mb or less.

http://www.vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/faqs.asp

"You can attach up to 5 electronic files to your VONAPP application before you submit it using VONAPP"

This current eBenefit instructions say that you upload unlimited documents of 5Mb or less. So I think it is either a bug or they have not yet fully updated the software to allow upload of more than 5 documents prior to online submission of the claim on eBenefits.

To date, I called the help number for eBenefits support. Waited on hold. They instructed me to log out and log back in. This did not work. I submitted a help ticket which simply referred me to the Regional Office & closed the ticket. I called the regional office, waited on hold. they advised me to logout and login. When I explained that I tried this repeatedly, the RO transferred me back to the eBenefits tech support number:

1-800-983-0937 Option 2

The customer service person did not have an answer and escalated the issue to her supervisor. They suggested I combine the documents into 5 files. But that does not work as the files then exceed 5Mb each.

So they advised that I upload a note that explains that I was unable to upload the remaining files and was submitting them by mail or fax. It seems I need to submit the online claim in order to get the claim confirmation number to submit with the hard copy documents.

In short, I am unable to upload all of the supporting documents prior to submission of the online claim. So I will be submitting hard copies by mail with delivery confirmation.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

You can mail your records , the VA will send them off to be scaned at places like Wichita , KS , this will delay the claim due to waiting time 3 to 4 months on the records to be scaned. That is why i just filed claim and then uploaded my files it is still an FDC claim b/c i did iit right away. The claim was still in recive claim stage.

It is so true you must review your record b/c in the end it is your claim.