VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What A Week…..

Rate this topic

qwiksting

I don't think I can apply for crsc yet…..not until I have new and improved dd214 with a discharge date of May 2006. I am curious as to how that will be handled now that I was granted TDIU.

I hope this link will help you:

http://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/crsc.html

"not until I have new and improved dd214 with a discharge date of May 2006"

That would be a DD 215, and you need to keep the DD 215 along with the DD 214,anytime you need to refer to your service.
I believe it is still a smaller document, about 1/4th the size of the actual DD214.

This is the form needed to apply for a DD 215: (a DD 149 form )

Just put 'not applicable' to the injustice part and you can attach evidence of why it should be corrected.

Then again you might have to explain the ABCMR stuff to them and you can refer them to (on the DD 149) to any attachments or statements that will help them correct the record.

I would think a PEBLO or someone at Ft Bliss might be advising you on the DD 215 and CRSC but I am a civilian so I dont know how the Mil handles this stuff.

If the mil even handles it at all.....?

We have some CRSCers here and also some DD215ers.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/eforms/dd0149.pdf

Thanks berta, I filed that 2 years ago and they, the Army brought me back in service to medical me back out if that makes sense. They medical me out with 50% permanent retirement. The ABCMR granted partial relief with the "The army brought me back in to medical me out". I am waiting on uspda to complete this process, in which the ABCMR told them that if I were found or should have been medically retired in 2006, To Void that (2006) discharge and to issue a new dd214 with may 2006 medically retired, entitled to all backpay and or allowances. So I have to apply for crsc, when uspda issues a new dd214, and you may be correct, it may well be a dd215, as I received on when I was awarded CAB,Bronze star in 2010, 4 years after my discharge. Confused yet? :)

Congrats to you !! I'm 100& P&T as of last December, and just won my SSDI case last week. Was a 6 year battle, and finally won. Damn right NEVER give up ! Keep fighting brothers and sisters, keep fighting !

Edited by ncjoe1970

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use