VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused

Rate this question

htforjc

Question

Hello everybody, I have asked for an increase on one of my disabilities that was rated a 0% in 2006. The VA received my claim for increase on 3/18/2013 with medical evidence. The original claim completion date was 1/13/2014 to 7/9/2014. I now have an updated claim completion date of 9/28/14 to 3/30/2015. The VA further states that they never received my 5103 waiver. I contacted the VA at the 1-800 number in July 2013, the day I received the notification about the 5103 waiver. They basically said it is just a form to see if I had anymore evidence to send in. I stated that I have already sent in everything. The lady at the VA 1-800 number stated to me that she could take my statement over the phone saying I have no further evidence to submit, and to go ahead and process my claim. This took place in July of 2013. Now, e-benefits is stating that they have never received a reply from me in regards to the 5103 waiver...which is posted below. I contacted the VA today at the 1-800 number and the person states that they have in the computer my statement from July 2013 stating I have no further evidence to submit and to process my claim. So, now e-benefits has backed up my claim completion date, and saying that my claim needs further review. I received a letter from the regional office (RO) today saying the average processing time is 9 months, and they apologize for the delay . I am now over 12 months and counting, with my claim showing gathering evidence. I don't see how the VA is going to meet their processing goal by 2015 with this kind of lackadaisical work ethic. Any ideas/thoughts in regards to all this. P.S. I am sort of new here and this is my first post.

Claim Received: 03/18/2013
Claim Type: Compensation
Estimated Claim Completion Date: 09/28/2014 to 03/30/2015

Contentions: hype

hypertension (New)

Claims Status Process

Change of Status: We determined that your claim needed additional review. If additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from us explaining what is needed.

Next Steps:

We will review all available evidence and make a decision on your claim upon receipt of all requested information as outlined in the headings, "What Do We Still Need from You?" and "What Have We Done?".

Several factors will determine the duration of the "Development" phase, including:

• type of claim filed
  • number of disabilities you claim
  • complexity of your disability(ies), and
  • availability of evidence needed to decide your claim.
Additional Details
  • Your Designated Power of Attorney

AMERICAN LEGION

• Regional Office of Jurisdiction: help_icon.gif

Montgomery

• Send Documentation To

Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office
    Regional Office
    345 Perry Hill Road
    Montgomery, AL 36109

What Do We Still Need From Others?

This is a list of all items that have been requested from 3rd parties.

Items From Date Requested Due Date help_icon.gif Follow-Up Dates help_icon.gif 03/17/2014 05/16/2014
What We Have Never Received from You (solicited)

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

Items Date Requested Date Closed 5103 Waiver Review 07/01/2013 03/17/2014

Htforjc

I had the same issue and never remember seeing a 5103. Also, I argued that I sent all of the evidence that was in existence for my FDC Claim and there simply was no evidence more to put it. So, I kept looking at others comments and figured that the issue was that they said I had not 5103 Waiver submitted. Recently, I found the information from the Asknod site and sent it in. Well, a couple of days later my claimed went from gathering evidence to "Pending Approval Decision" very quickly and it looks like I'm going to get a decision with the next few months or even sooner. I am a little nervous at how fast everything is going to get the backlog down so fast. But, VBA is now saying that their accuracy statistics are at an all time high as well. Anyway, I've learned that a lot of vets are now being tripped up because they are missing a 5103 Waiver in their packages which are putting their cases Ina holding pattern. That said, it seems that if it's all that simple, why is there not something in Ebenefits that says, "we are missing your" 5103 Waiver....please send it in and your claim will be processed....anyway...good luck...

Hi I'm new to this: I put in for depression due to SC conditions. On ebenefits it shows completed and now the part where it said depression due to SC conditions also says individual unemployability (new) and I just wondered what that meant. I didn't put in for IU I am 90% before this claim was put in. Thanks