VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Obtain C & P Results

Rate this question

seahawkfan

Question

How due I obtain the c & P results from the va. I had the c & p exam for ptsd done at qtc. Ive seen that you can go request it at your local va office but I live far from one.

You can fax over a written request or you can send a written request by certified mail. If you call the Toll Free number they have a recording on how to request records for your exams or files.

Shyne-I

I just went through this process with my C&P's being done last month with QTC.

You will not be able to get the results because the VA does not have them in thier system until the case closes. At that time you will recive the 'big brown envelope' My results were included in this package.

I filed FOIA request two times and two weeks apart and never got the results. The VA said they did not have them.

I am sorry, but, like me I am afraid you will have to wait.

I had a QTC exam 2/22/2014 and I faxed a hand written letter asking for a copy of the results of the exam. I just identified myself with my name, social etc. They indicated on ebenefits that they received the results of the exam on 3/4/2014. I received my copy of 3/7/2014.

Shyne-I

Edited by Shyne-I

• HadIt.com Elder

The only way I've been able to receive copies of recent C&P exams was to personally go to the VAMC where the exam was conducted.

The VAMC FOIA office, also wearing another hat or two (insurance office, etc.) was able and willing to print out the results while I waited.

(Fifteen minutes or so, if there are just one or two veterans waiting for various documents.)

Writing or contacting the Area (Atlanta) VARO was taking quite a few months, and repeated requests were needed.)

The local Clinic can see the results, but refused to print them out, citing an obsolete and informal directive/letter? from on higher.

(They may have been told about the error in their ways, and corrected them, since the refusal.)

That depends on followup from the VAMC they answer to.