VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Topic Needs More Opinions

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I hiope others chime in here on this one.....from the TDIU forum.

I have read the VA FL 13-13 full of VA double talk and still cannot believe how they are handling this vet's claim. ....if they even used the Fast Letter..

because either I am going nuts or their incompetence in this decision has raised to a level far beyond most of the usual stupid VA stuff I see.

I should add that I also received 3 retro payments previous to this one when I at first got a 30% benefit, then 70% and then the first 100% benefit, and they totaled over 6 figures as well.  When I first started this back in December of 2008 and was denied benefits (except for a 0%), my wife said just give it up, it is going no where.  We would be just hoping for things we will never get (she said) But I did appeal thinking I had nothing to lose, so I am here to say don't ever give up!!!!

Edited by Limekiln Vet

I should add that I also received 3 retro payments previous to this one when I at first got a 30% benefit, then 70% and then the first 100% benefit, and they totaled over 6 figures as well.  When I first started this back in December of 2008 and was denied benefits (except for a 0%), my wife said just give it up, it is going no where.  We would be just hoping for things we will never get (she said) But I did appeal thinking I had nothing to lose, so I am here to say don't ever give up!!!!

Thanks brother for sharing with us. So you started in 2008 with the claim

you were getting SSA in 2008 for a sc disability correct? So the CUE was

they had you rated 100% for AS of entire spine, but you had AS of the

cervical spine only and not the entire spine than that was a CUE should have

been rated va says 40%. The cue didn't get the retro looks like the SSA decision

and being house bound and not being able to work could have did it and they paid you

from the time you file claim which was 2008 you kept appealing the claim and finally

won and that's what count you won. My claim is very similar to your just hope I get the

same results some dam day. In this case cue your self work the other way

a reduction in % but it didn't hurt  your pay you still got what you wanted.

Thanks a lot RU

Edited by RUREADY
to add

Congratulations.  Your IU sounds enough like mine that I should move to Kentucky so I can get the same result you got.  My RO fights six figure Retro's like a momma bear fights someone stealing her cubs.  Im very tickled you posted this, Berta, and I may even use it for a template.  

My buddy who won his CUE claim was because he had file within a

year after retirement and that was in 2000 they never did decide anything

on the claim. So we file this again and the C&P doctor said they could not find

his medical records. This guy did 23 years no medical records. This same doctor

find his records and all his claims. He won a cue of 15 years and the CDRS they were

withholding because they gave him 20% in 2004 for same disability he is now at 90%  

BroncoVet, I live in Wisconsin, and normally my claims have been handled in Milwaukee, but I was told because my claim was forwarded for consideration for extra scheduler, those claims are handled in Louisville.  Nevertheless, I see my rating decision was issued out of Milwaukee.

Edited by Limekiln Vet