VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Topic Needs More Opinions

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I hiope others chime in here on this one.....from the TDIU forum.

I have read the VA FL 13-13 full of VA double talk and still cannot believe how they are handling this vet's claim. ....if they even used the Fast Letter..

because either I am going nuts or their incompetence in this decision has raised to a level far beyond most of the usual stupid VA stuff I see.

Finally got a decision, and got the 100%, but not for TDIU, they bumped up my 30% rating for AS to 100% permanent and total, also with SMC. It appears that having my Senator contact the VA got them moving. It moved from gathering information to complete in 2 days with a retro check.

Congratulations.

I have been reading the back and forth posts between you and Berta and I was wondering how your situation would be resolved. The way it worked out you went from a nightmare scenario to a dream.

Make sure you get your wife signed up for Champva. It is outstanding insurance with no premiums and only a $50.00 annual deductible. She can also request a refund of any out of pocket medical and prescription expenses back to the effective date of your 100% P & T award. Also, get your DOD ID cards so you and your wife will have access to base commissary and exchange.

Don't forget about the additional state benefits that often come with a 100% P & T award. The benefits differ from state to state but often include property tax breaks and free DAV auto tags.

Good luck to you and your family and thank you for your service.

Thanks GP! I really appreciate your taking the time to comment. We have pretty good insurance for her right now also with a $50 deductible, but obviously we will sign up for champva as well. I believe champva has a $3000 annual deductible, right? Haven't quite figured how that works. I will be sure to get the DOD ID cards.

Am working on the property tax credit for Wisconsin. Thanks again!

• HadIt.com Elder

What little I know from VBM is that a skin condition can be a cause for TDIU. Just having a rash that has a particular smell is a bar to employment. I read that in the VBM. sent my SSD records to the VA myself. I have not been reading this site too often since I had surgery a few weeks ago.

John

The annual deductible for Champva is $50.00 for your wife. If you have children who are eligible for Champva, the annual family deductible would be $100.00 including your wife and children. I just verified this info in my wife's 2014 Champva Guide.

Also, all of my wife's medical providers accept Champva without any problems. We also have BCBS federal insurance which along with the Champva pays 100% of my wife's medical expenses except for some small deductible for prescriptions.

Georgiapapa

Yowwee Limekiln, this is Wonderful News~!!!!!

To add to what Georgiapapa said, I get Medicare and CHAMPVA and got an annual Medical Statement the other day from Medicare..

I saw my PCP, urologist, podiatrist ,and eye doctor during the statement period.Also had a CBC blood test and some sort of a urine cytology test I get every year.I think maybe a bone scan too.And cholestrol tests.

I had to pay for my new reading glasses ( but not the exams) but other then that ,Medicare statement said I might get billed by one of the docs for $8.46. Maybe.

Medicare and CHAMPVA covered every thing else except....

I have to get prescription orthonics almost every year and they cost me 600 bucks last month. As far as I know, no insurance company covers custom orthonics, just the podiatry exams. I forgot to note that when I replied here yesterday.

Glenn Johnson, of CHAMPVA has done many radio shows with us and his contact number is here or within those shows, available in the radio show archives.

He told me I could eliminate the med co pay if I sign up for Meds by mail and the local VA would send them to me.The Meds by Mail form is within the CHAMPVA handbook I think and also on line at the CHAMPVA web site, where the application is.

I only take 2 pills a week, just a preventative statin med, and can request refills on line at a local food market pharmacy

where I shop so I never filled out the Meds for mail thing, but a great deal for many on CHAMPVA.

I was charged once for a med (maybe an antibiotic forget) and the pharmacy man told me CHAMPVA would not pay for it so I paid the bill and couldn't wait to get home and see if he was right.

I looked up the number to call with these problems,that is in in the CHAMPVA booklet ,and in a heartbeat a nice woman there called the pharmacy, then called me back within a few minutes and told me they would have my refund ready next time I went there to shop.

I wish every veteran could get CHAMPVA!

And I wish the VA claims system could go as smooth as the CHAMPVA program.

I also am a graduate of AMU, and the CHAP 35 VA benefit paid for half of my degree....about 14 thousand dollars.Maybe more than that.

These are great benefits for dependents and I am grateful for them and never thought when I got married, that I would be eligible for anything like them.