• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Berta

Tdiu Topic Needs More Opinions

Question

I hiope others chime in here on this one.....from the TDIU forum.

I have read the VA FL 13-13 full of VA double talk and still cannot believe how they are handling this vet's claim. ....if they even used the Fast Letter..

because either I am going nuts or their incompetence in this decision has raised to a level far beyond most of the usual stupid VA stuff I see.

It has taken me many months to get back into hadit.com to post again, they repeatedly denied my login, and I could never receive a verification of any kind to change my login, or even register with another name. Hadit.com makes it impossible to contact them, guess they are too big for us little folks anymore. I finally got in by creating a new account using a new email address...

But I wanted to update you on my benefits. If you will recall Berta, in my CUE (which you helped me with) I suggested they made an error by not considering IU benefits in their original decision. In the decision referenced above, I had the 100% benefit. Then a few months ago I requested benefits for adaptive housing, and in their review for that benefit, they apparently ran across the CUE document, and they made a new decision based upon their failure to consider the IU benefits.

This is pretty complicated, but I will try and explain it. They removed the 100% benefit for Ankylosing Spondylitis, and changed it 40%. Then they ruled that with one or more combined service-connected disabilities I was now at 80%, then they ruled that I should be paid at the 100% rate because I was unemployable due to those disabilities, and that it was permanent and total. At first that sounds bad, or even neutral, but the key was that they made the new 100% benefit retroactive to December of 2008, and I got a new payment of $101,106! Unbelievable! And all because I made a new request for the adaptive housing.

It really is true that you have to be careful asking for more benefits because they might open your file and make some new ruling, but in this case it was in my favor by a landslide! I since asked them to withdraw my request for adaptive housing, I don't want them ever looking at my file again!

I just received your email this am and made the changes for you.

I'm glad to here it worked out for you. Nice retro check. I'm looking forward to getting my claim finished, its always nice to here about people getting what they deserve. If you haven't

already done it, create a post in the success forum.

Limekiln, you had a great Success on that retro. It would be a good idea to post this in Success Stories as K5one said because this encourages so many others who are waiting and waiting......

And I am always glad to see my advice here paid off on that CUE.

They ignored a CUE I filed in late 2012, until I contacted Ms. Hickey. And are doing an audit on the decision I Cued now.

I am sorry you had problems getting back on hadit.

"Hadit.com makes it impossible to contact them, guess they are too big for us little folks anymore"

Not so... we all are the little folks here and if it wasn't for Tbird and hadit the VA would be crapping on more of us, by the day.

But like you, we are TOO BIG and too smart for them to get away with it.

The intellect here is so good that hadit should be a training program for the VAROs.

I have had many problems here lately too but they were on my end, trying to learn a completely new PC system...

I thought I would have to reregister myself until I used Mozilla, and not IE.

what cue was committed I cant find it in the post ,but would like to know

4.16(b) they never consider this at VA

Edited by RUREADY