VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Earlier Effective Date Appeal Success

Rate this topic

marinejay

I just wanted to share an earlier effective date appeal success. I dont want to write a novel, so I'll give the cliff notes version.

I had put in a claim for right shoulder impingement 2nd to my left claim back in 2004. It got denied and I let the 1yr appeal date slip pass me. I re-submitted my claim back in 2006, it got denied in 08, I appealed in 09. After my claim sat in limbo for 3yrs I finally had an exam in Jun-12, I had submitted an IMO from Dr. Bash with my appeal and they granted me compensation in Sept 12. My rating was 0% from 06 to Jun 12 and 10% from Jun -12 when I had my c&p exam. I was pissed b/c i thought the correct rating should have been 10% from 2006 when I filed my initial claim instead of Jun 2012 when I had my exam..

I then submitted an appeal for the effective date in June 2013, and on Thursday I got a big suprise white envelope in the mail saying my 10% was granted from 2006, instead of 2012. Last nite I say a direct deposit for over 15k. I must say God is good b/c I'm in the process of closing on a house and the money will be used to replinish my Emergency Fund.

THANK YOU JESUS

good news, and keep the faith!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use