VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Update: "what Do We Still Need From Others?" Question

Rate this question

iroberts

Question

Thank you everyone so far for your support. I had an update to my claim recently and was just trying to understand what it means.

I checked eBenefits this morning (a regular habit of mine now) and noticed that there was a small update. It now states "What Do We Still Need From Others?" and has one lone item listed underneath as "TAMPA VA Medical Facility (Date Requested 03/38/2014, Due Date 05/27/2014)."

This is confusing though since I have never really done anything with the TAMPA VA Medical Facility other than (maybe) an orientation. All of my recent eye appointments and other doctor's appointments have been made through the St. Petersburg Bay Pines Medical Facility.

My questions for the good people here are:

a) What do I need to do next?

b) Does this mean they are finally working my claim?

c) Why would they request records rom a facility that I barely (if at all) used?

Thank you all in advance!

My original post is located here:

EDIT: My claim is still listed as "Under Review"

Edited by iroberts

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It is more likely then not for a C&P exam. They have 60 days to set up a appointment, you can try to find out the number and call the Tampa VA to schulede an appointment this may or may not work but if you do not ask the answer is allways no. You must make all C&P appointments for your claim. Either way. Bring your paper SMR , outer medicial records and notes on each claim with you this will help anwser any questions. Keep in mind C&P exams start when you enter the centers parking lot every move you make is being watched trust me on that. it is allways good to have someone drive you there. Make sure you get a my health vet account set up too.

I hope this helps you out.

It is more likely then not for a C&P exam. They have 60 days to set up a appointment, you can try to find out the number and call the Tampa VA to schulede an appointment this may or may not work but if you do not ask the answer is allways no. You must make all C&P appointments for your claim. Either way. Bring your paper SMR , outer medicial records and notes on each claim with you this will help anwser any questions. Keep in mind C&P exams start when you enter the centers parking lot every move you make is being watched trust me on that. it is allways good to have someone drive you there. Make sure you get a my health vet account set up too.

I hope this helps you out.

On your question yes some one looked at your claim and put you in for C&P exams. I finished my C&P exams on 17 Dec 2013 that is over 100 days ago. So keep in mind my claim is not closed it is over 6 months since i filed my FDC. The 125 day goal the VA has for all Claims to include FDC claims is just a goal and the goal post keep moving back.

Thank you charlest27 for the information!

If it is for my C&P exams, I have a couple follow-up questions...

1) Why wouldn't my VSO (The Blinded Veterans Association) have already set these up or at the very least suggested I make them? At what point does my VSO actually help me with any of these things?

2) What about all of my other eye tests? The nature of my disability is related to field of vision and I took about three different tests just this last December. It seems strange that they would have me come in to perform the SAME test I just completed less than six months ago.

Thank you so much!

Today my FDC is having it's first birthday. While in the VA system and only a week old it was changed from a FDC to a claim reopened from 2007. Today ebenefits also changed it's estimated finish date to between April of 2015 and October of 2015. They also sent it back to gathering more evidence? I went through all my C&P exams 3 months ago. I started this mess back in 2005 and it never seems to end. I would think by now the paperwork is starting to fall apart.

Now I realize why everyone continues to say don't give up, keep fighting!

Sorry for the rant!

Tim

I spoke to my VSO rep this morning. He didn't mention anything about C&P exams and initially suggested he would simply submit a form letting them know that "they should have everything already" (probably referring to my previous exams at the Bay Pines VA Medical Facility). I then brought up that it had been suggested that it may be a potential request for some C&P and exams and he quickly agreed that it may also be that.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now.

• HadIt.com Elder

I spoke to my VSO rep this morning. He didn't mention anything about C&P exams and initially suggested he would simply submit a form letting them know that "they should have everything already" (probably referring to my previous exams at the Bay Pines VA Medical Facility). I then brought up that it had been suggested that it may be a potential request for some C&P and exams and he quickly agreed that it may also be that.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now.

How long ago were the past C&P exams? The VA can easily delay things until they are over a year old, and then use that as an excuse to schedule another.

This gives them an opportunity to choose a newer exam if it's less favorable. They have also been known to use the last exam (incorrectly) as a later EDD date.

They did that to me on a HBP rating, even though there was a long history of HBP dating back several decades. The excuse was that it was the only stand out HBP diagnosis, even though I had been treated for HBP and obtained the drugs from the VA previously, and for several years prior.