VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yippee Sweet Success (half-way Anyhow)

Rate this topic

Guest jangrin

Guest jangrin
Congratulations! I was approved within 30days of course that meant no retro.

Dorothy Kansas,

I recall reading a post a short time ago about that 30 days. I sure would like to know what your secret was because I thought we did good getting it the first time around without an appeal. But 30 days has to be some kind of official record. OK WHO DID YOU BRIBE? Hehehe just kidding. They must have gotton the point right away that you were truly disabled. That is what the program is for. Sometimes it feels like they think you are trying to pull a fast one or something.

If you haven't already done so, you might think about posting your experience on the forum. I know I will be doing some sort of chonology once we are through the maze.

Thanks for sharing with us our first success. Kind words are always welcome around here.

Jangrin and Chuckles :rolleyes::lol:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If SSDI and VA disabilitiy are for the same thing this will be strong evidence of 100% disability. It is not a slam dunk like it should be but the VA has to obtain the records from SSA. You can send in the SSDI approval letter and some of the diagnostic stuff yourself. That is what I did. I got SSDI in about 4 months and 3 years for TDIU VA even though I had been service connected for 35 years. The VA just tried everything to wriggle out of paying.

Guest jangrin
If SSDI and VA disabilitiy are for the same thing this will be strong evidence of 100% disability. It is not a slam dunk like it should be but the VA has to obtain the records from SSA. You can send in the SSDI approval letter and some of the diagnostic stuff yourself. That is what I did. I got SSDI in about 4 months and 3 years for TDIU VA even though I had been service connected for 35 years. The VA just tried everything to wriggle out of paying.

Yes John you are right,

VA will need the copy of the SSDI total disability award. We haven't received the letter yet but when it does arrive that will be the first thing we do. The VA already has everything else, got it at the same time we sent in Dr. Bash's IME.

My husbands SSDI and VA claims are not entirely for the same thing. There are a couple of things like (knee injury) that are not VA related. Therefore we suspect that the VA is going to be less than 100% but with TDIU. We'll have to see what happens. We are going to work for 100% because the VA disabilities are life threatening and the SSDI are just disabling.

I'm not sure how this should work, as you know still LEARNING, what do yo think about the chances of getting 100% VA?

Jan :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

When I got SSD in 1991 the VA said that it had no bearing on what they were doing. Fortunately that has changed and now VA and SSD at least consider what each other does.

Dorothy Kansas,

I recall reading a post a short time ago about that 30 days. I sure would like to know what your secret was because I thought we did good getting it the first time around without an appeal. But 30 days has to be some kind of official record. OK WHO DID YOU BRIBE? Hehehe just kidding. They must have gotton the point right away that you were truly disabled. That is what the program is for. Sometimes it feels like they think you are trying to pull a fast one or something.

If you haven't already done so, you might think about posting your experience on the forum. I know I will be doing some sort of chonology once we are through the maze.

Thanks for sharing with us our first success. Kind words are always welcome around here.

Jangrin and Chuckles :rolleyes::lol:

I applied for SSDI after being awarded 100% P&T. I had a strong medical opinion that stated i could not work and she recommended that I seek disability. I have Pulmonary Hypertension(this is the main one) and require continous oxygen. I think the oxygen may have clinched the deal.