VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Few Questions On Movement On E-Benefits, Vaeq,fdc

Rate this question

confusion99%

Question

Just looked at E-Benefits and see some movement, but have some questions.

First I noticed that there was reference to FDC, it says Excluded requested 4/9-closed 4/9??? what is with this???

Note: also they have lumped multiple contentions all into one claim......But, they added a bunch, that I really didn't ask for, unless they took it from my req. for IU...They added increase for all my previously approved contentions and ratings....I did not ask for that but on the form for IU it ask what disability causes me to feel I need IU...(forget how it is worded). So I listed everything in that spot.

They also have waiting fore VAEQ....so I assume I am to be scheduled for a C & P in the future??

Also...they are requesting medical records from both my Cardiology doctors....I assume this is because they opened an increase in my IHD...which is presently 60%.....I do not want to do anything with this as I know I do not rate a higher rating and was not asking for one..... Can I write a letter and inform them that I would like to drop the request for increase in IHD???? That seems to be the only thing they are looking for more evidence on. I already sent a lot of evidence for all the other stuff. If I get them to drop the request for increase for the IHD, this should negate any further need for evidence in this area and get the thing moving forward again??? or am I all wet in my thinking....

I am paranoid on a lot of things with the VA...I sent them the stuff I felt was important for my claim on my IHD....and got my decision....Now I feel they want my records from my Doctors to look for something to reduce it or something...as I do have conflicting evidence in my tests..Some showed solid evidence for the 60% rating...other tests shows evidence for 30% or even none..

Specifically a treatmill test that showed a METS of 11.5 But a cath showed ejection factor of <40%.

Need advice on what to do.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You say you requested TDIU based on which particular disability? You have a high enough percentage to get TDIU now. You just need to have a doctor say you can't work due solely to a particular disability. This is a new twist the VA threw in for TDIU claims. Are you on SSDI? That would help because you could use the SSDI disability as your TDIU disability. I see that somehow the VA feels justified in asking for records of your IHD claim. You should try and get the records from your IHD doctors so you can screen them and then supply them yourself. If the VA does it it could take months if not years. If you listed all your disabilities as being the cause of your TDIU then the VA is going to request all the records for those disabilities and probably schedule C&P exams. I think your TDIU claim will be a winner but it may take longer.

I asked for an increase in my DMII rating. All my records are at the VA. That was 10 months ago and I am still at gathering evidence stage. You want to keep claims focused and don't give these idiots reasons to go on a fishing trip. I think asking them to drop the increase for IHD may complicate the whole thing. They are so dumb they may drop you entire claim for TDIU because they may believe your IHD is part of your TDIU claim.

I know how you feel about distrust of VA.

I don't mind getting the records, I did that for the initial claim, so they actually have 90% of them already. I am just paranoid about that one test which showed me strong as a bull, healthy as ever. That said, all the other test shows the problems including the cath with the

mention of the low ejection fraction (<40%) and mentioning the stent placement. Other problems were mentioned also, but those two things are primary for the 60%.

Unless someone else chimes in with reasons it would be ok or to my advantage to drop the increase for the IHD, I will leave it along and get my records and send them in. I thought since they wanted me to sign the consent forms, that they would want to contact my doctors directly and have them send the records directly to VA. If that is not the case I can get them and send them.

they also want work history from my last employer (over 5 years now without working), I already tried to get them to fill out the form and they just said, send to our Lawyers. They would not fill out or sign it. So I wonder how long va will wait, or how many times they will send the form before they realize they will not get it back.

They already have my SS disability medical records. The problem with that is that my SS was for a number of other things included besides the IHD, DMII and Neuropathy which is VA connected. So they might use that against me. The lawyer based his case on other issues because they were more directly related to my job, not saying that the VA stuff wasn't. They just emphasized the other more. I have already spent my time on SS disability and after turning 66 it was converted to regular SS retirement.

Since they did not mention any of the other evidence needed for any of the other issues, I assume they either have enough, or will fill in the rest with the VA physicals.

I hope you are right about the IU....I worry as I have seen guys with 90% ratings get turned down. Of course I don't know what that 90% is based on. I'm presently at 80% and I should have enough (hopefully sure thing) other stuff pending excluding the IU that would bring me to 90%. Who knows what they will do. They are still trying to figure out how much to rate the time period from 1977 to 2011 for the IHD....They denied it a number of times. When they gave me the 60% they rated the time prior to 2011 at zero pct. and opened an administrative review on those years listing it as a new contention (request increase). They wanted my medical records for the past 20 years from the military hospitals I used which they got 3 weeks later in Aug 2011. It still sits in "gathering evidence" with nothing happening since it opened. So who knows.

I think the only thing that got this other moving is my two trips to Houston to get things moving. I think that works. I waited 4 months for my payments to start after my initial award, nothing!!! They said I never requested to switch to VA payments. Sure enough the page was in the computer stuck with the other claim. The person I was talking to said, she couldn't do anything that they would process it when they go to that claim. I explained it pertained to a closed claim and I can't get my money until that 1/2 page with one question was processed. She ask what else she could help me with. I said "you have not helped me with anything! There are 10,000 people that work in this bldg. Can't you direct me to just one that can process that form or get it to the person that can???"

She handed me a form in a snotty manor, write your request on this and I will attach a copy of the form and give it to my supvr. When I do so, she then said .......Is that all??? I was so angry I forgot to bring up half dozen other things and just left and drove the 200 miles back home...Sure enough the next weekend I got a call from someone at VA that wanted to verify some info on my dependency paperwork as she said she was working on both forms. Three weeks later, all done, 5 figure retro pay hit my bank account and monthly was started.....Two weeks ago I made another trip as Navy folks said they had finished the audit and sent it to VA a month ago..Va claimed they had not received anything. I again made the trip....This time the guy I met with was super helpful. He said he would followup on the audit...About 10 days later, I get another 5 figure retro CRSC check and now have that coming in also. So I would tell anyone who is within driving distance of their Regional Office to go in person...It sure helped me. I also think that trip is what got this claim moving too. Enough of my book, have just been off here for a while and needed to discuss with people who know what we go through. Can't talk to anyone else about all this stuff and it bottled all up and comes out at once.