VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is "q" Status

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

Hi everyone, I just called the #800, to check the status on my claim. The guy read it off the screen to me. When I filed it, when I had my C&P, then he said it is in Q status. then going to rating board 26th of this month, then I should get my letter the first of Oct. and a check the first of Nov.?? Do they know all this, even if it's finished, or is he just telling us what we want to hear? This claim was for an increase for my S/C injury. He did seem to pretty sure of himself, and what he was saying, would be nice if this is koosher. He did spend some time with me on the phone.

Thank's for help

mrstix retired 25yrs.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Mrstix

I would not believe it until I get the rating in writing with the increase. I was told by an 800 number person that I had a very large retro payment coming and that was just BS. When I got the written rating their was no increase. If it has not even been to the rating board how can the phone guy know what will happen?

MrStix- I suggest you go to the VA web site and under Benefits and Comp there is an Inquery form-

I always suggest ask for email reply-because by phone they can lie.

They are more on the ball for the queries than the 800# people.

How would a check be in the mail in Nov if it is still set to go to the rating board?

if this is for mileage reimbursement- maybe the check WILL be in the mail in Nov-

This is all I could find in M21-1 for "q" status:

q. DEVELOP TRANSPORTATION. Entry indicates that a special development paragraph on possible entitlement to transportation expenses is to be included in the letter to the claimant. The only valid entry is Y.

(Y is of course for Yes) from M21-1 Part 5 Chapter 7.