VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed

Rate this topic

Kray

My claim was closed on 4/16/2014 and my AB8 letter states 60% effective April 1, 2014. This is an upgrade from 30%. Claim is closed and now waiting on VA letter. My claim was filed 4/12/2013.

Any reason why letter states April 1, 2014?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You submitted for an increase. When you are already SC for a Condition, and submit a new claim for increase, then it will be effective the following month of approval. I am in the same boat, I submitted an FDC in Sep 13, and my claim is in the Prep for Notification status. So if it completes by the end of the month, then my increase will be effective May 14. If it is for a new claim to be SC, then it goes back to the day you filed the claim. Congrats and God Bless!

Thank you so much. Still learning.

I started this VA process in August 2010 when they added IHD to Agent Orange, knowing nothing about the process and got 30%. What I learned was from reading on this forum and doing what I could. I have not had any outside help from anyone.

My recent claim was submitted first by my Doctor when he submitted form 960a with his comments and my condition. Once he gave me a copy of what he submitted to the VA, I submitted form 21-4138 with some comments and also attached form 21-526EZ, FBC (nothing else to submit) and waited. The VA communicated twice asking me to sign and submit waiver 5103 which I did and it was still showing on the web site not received.

My claim was submitted Apr 12, 2013 and approved to April 1, 2014 so it seems, some 11 months lost and you state yours will be approved for the month after approval. Loss of some funds is not a disaster but a good learning experience for all. What form(s) should I have submitted ?

I am still waiting for the VA letter as all I have at this point is eBenefits letter.

When my already service connect hearing loss got increased from 20% to 30% I got 5 k in retro.

So Im not getting this...

But then again I put in a notice of disagreement. Perhaps that is the difference?

This is getting interesting. What form did you use for the "notice of disagreement".

How long did it take for them to solve it?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use