VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed

Rate this topic

Kray

I would not be so fast to accept the answer that increases are not backdated to claim date. I don't think the statement is accurate. The best bet is to wait for the letter, see what's really going on. Usually the date on the AB8 isn't exactly accurate anyway. There are plenty of examples on the web in various forums where folks are told that's not important. Your official notification from the VA should cover back-pay date and include a breakdown of how the claim was processed and decided.

Not the most exciting answer, but perhaps a bit more accurate.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUCCESS

I got my letter from the VA today and the effective date is April 1, 2013 (ab8 letter stated April 1, 2014).

VA Statement:

Evaluation of IHD(CAD) status post multiple stents from 2001-2002, brachytherapy (2002) and Pacemaker Implant (2013), which is currently 30% disabling, is increased to 100% effective March 11, 2013, the date of your implantation. An evaluation of 60% is assigned from Jun 1, 2013, which is the first day of the month following hospital admission for implantation. .

I started with 30% and ended with 60%.

I also received a deposit in my account today of $2,046.00. I have no idea what that is.

I will file an amended tax return for 2013 and will advise CRSC of the change.

I am not sure NAVY04 is correct in saying "You submitted for an increase. When you are already SC for a Condition, and submit a new claim for increase, then it will be effective the following month of approval". I was at 0 percent for hearing and asked for increase back in 2011 which was granted and I was paid for the increase back to the date I submitted the claim. This was 3 years ago - maybe the rule has changed since then.

I was at 30% SC for IHD. I submitted an increase because my condition was getting worse, Passing out, Mets were lower, plus I had a Pacemaker Implanted. My claim was approved to 60% with the effective date, the day the Pacemaker was implanted, which was March 11, 2013 with an overall effective date of April 1, 2013. My thinking was that I would receive 60% for IHD and a minimum of 10% for the Pacemaker but that is not what happened. They are allowing two months at 100% for the Pacemaker and the increase to 60% starting June 1, 2013.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use