VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Granted Service Connection

Rate this question

billyballs

Question

The BVA sent me a letter granting my service connection for PTSD from a 2009 appeal. The letter does not say where my file will go to be rated. But, my VSO said that it is at the AMC and also an IRIS inquiry said the same thing. Is this a bad thing that it will be rated by AMC not RO? Or does it go to AMC before my RO? Anyone have any experience with this situation? Thank you

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

AMC is like purgatory, a place they send claims when they arent sure what to do. not a good place for your claim to be. hopefully it goes to RO soon.

• HadIt.com Elder

Conrats I think that getting Service Connected is the hardes part of the whole process.

Where it gets rated is always a quandary but generally if you have more than one claim in or a reason to remand for more development of one of the claims, the AMC will rate what has been granted. If it is something that has been horribly delayed for years or an advancement on the docket due to medical or financial hardship, ditto the AMC for the rating. Otherwise, if you never granted BVA a waiver to judge it without a remand to the AOJ (your RO), then it would be remanded back to them for the rating. AMC (and BVA) have to have the legal power to adjudicate it. A Waiver of Review in the first instance is the legal tool for them to do so. Normally, all rating is done at the VARO where you file. Congratulations. Welcome to the club.

a

Edited by asknod