VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bbe Decision Before Ebenefits Update

Rate this question

Rakkasan

Question

I had just received the BBE with a statement of the case stating that my PTSD evaluation was granted with a 30 percent effective date of May 26th 2012. I was already rated 10% for tinnitus so my overall now is 40% (37%). I am fine with that but when I get on to eBenefits it does not show that in the documents section nor can I add my son as a dependent. How often do they send a decision before updating eBenefits and how long is the average wait before they update it? Thanks for all the help over the years!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can send in the paperwork to your VARO to add your son. I think Ebenefits is a mess. I would never use it again. I will stick to certified mail or send my evidence by hand.

Ebenefits only updates if the rater types in the update. They are super busy so I guess They forget every once in a while. Maybe keep checking every couple days.

Congrats on the increase!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!

You never know how long it may take for them to get your son added. However, if it takes a few months they will deliver retro payment.

Not sure where you are located, but check with your state VA office to see if they offer additional benefits.

Thanks for the replies. I was just worried because the letter was mailed to me on the 16th of April and still no record on ebenefits. It says that my claim has been closed since March but still have not received pay.

"It says that my claim has been closed since March but still have not received pay."

Unless there is something special about your claim, like concurrent retirement pay or something, you need to get ahold of somebody and find out where your retro check is! I hear most folks on here say they get their check within weeks or sometimes a lot less.

Call the 1 800 827 1000 number and then send an IRIS inquiry if the 800 number doesn't help.

Do you have a VSO? If so, contact them and ask where your check is.

I did call the 1800 number and the woman informed me that it was in the final approval stage and that all she can see is the SOC that they sent me about my increase.