VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Axis 1 - Anxiety Disorder Not Otherwise Specified

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This claim of mine is over whelming me.

I know everyone is tired of hearing about my claim.

I just can't let them beat me out of my benefits.

I had my first C&P with a diagnosis of Generalized anxiety disorder with a more likely than not.

5 Months later a Board of Two Psychaitrist - Axis 1 - Anxiety disorder not otherwise specified

Decision- nothing bothered her in service.

Paragrah before the decision - she was taking librium and caffergot in service.

This to me is not a plausible statement. Why would I have been taking two coded drugs.

What are they saying about me with the Not Otherwise Specified??

I could wring that DRO niece of mine by the neck for not helping me.

I hope that she eventually makes it to the Appeals Court as she would like.

Thanks,

Josephine

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not otherwise specified means nothing really. Don't worry about it. Keep posting! I think you will win eventually based on your SMR's and the C&P.

• HadIt.com Elder
Not otherwise specified means nothing really. Don't worry about it. Keep posting! I think you will win eventually based on your SMR's and the C&P.

John999,

Thanks for everyone's support.

I believe that I understand, I am in a way dealing with two different diagnosis:

1. Generlized Anxiety Disorder

2. Anxiety Disorder Not Other Wise Specified.

I looked up the not other wise specified, and the DSM manual mentions those who steal and murder and commit crimes. I guess that I just added something else to my character.

The two psychiatrist have me as being a person of loose morals, denies any article 15's, behavior problem, and now a criminal.

The good thing about the system, now they have a chance to prove it. It is all lies.

Thanks bunches!!

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine

Just remember the VA's bag is to not pay you and they will go to great efforts to do that even lying their heads off and having their shrinks lie. When they start to ask you questions about your childhood and school days they are usually sniffing around for a personality disorder. It is always about the money and your compensation.

Albeit the VA may not play fair, but I have never seen them go out of their way to deliberately deny a claim if the claim is valid. If the VA were purposely trying to not grant compensation, then how does one explain how 2,636,979 veterans are receiving compensation as of 2005? That does not sound like a small number of veterans to me.

As for NOS, think of NOS as a trafiic ticket when a police officer stops you but does not have a valid reason to do so. So they give you a ticket for "too fast for conditions" and move on. NOS is the same thing. It is a mental heath diagnostic ticket that says, (me) the therapist does not want to be vested in this diagnosis. And to simply say not to worry about it is not good either. The VA will not compensate an NOS diagnosis. It would be much easier if the clinician just specified a complete diagnosis. No one is going to slam the clinical person for making a diagnosis that is at least in the ball park. If it is not correct another clinician will come along and accentuate the present diagnosis with a more defined one.

Patrick

• HadIt.com Elder
Albeit the VA may not play fair, but I have never seen them go out of their way to deliberately deny a claim if the claim is valid. If the VA were purposely trying to not grant compensation, then how does one explain how 2,636,979 veterans are receiving compensation as of 2005? That does not sound like a small number of veterans to me.

As for NOS, think of NOS as a trafiic ticket when a police officer stops you but does not have a valid reason to do so. So they give you a ticket for "too fast for conditions" and move on. NOS is the same thing. It is a mental heath diagnostic ticket that says, (me) the therapist does not want to be vested in this diagnosis. And to simply say not to worry about it is not good either. The VA will not compensate an NOS diagnosis. It would be much easier if the clinician just specified a complete diagnosis. No one is going to slam the clinical person for making a diagnosis that is at least in the ball park. If it is not correct another clinician will come along and accentuate the present diagnosis with a more defined one.

Patrick

Patrick,

I agree with both of you. I am pleased that so many veterans are receving their benefits.

I would have to say, yes, I feel that the Va. would definitely go out of their way to deny a valid claim.

1. I had a C&P in October 2003 and received a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder with a more likely than not that my anxiety began in service.

2. When does a Regional Office sent anyone to a Board of Two Psychaitrist within 5 months of the first C&P examination?

3. It is my understanding that only the BVA sends someone to a Baord. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

4. Why wasn't the first examination good enough for the Regional Office as their Va. Physician was more than qualified to give an opinion and made it with complete rationale of his decision.

5. Why would I receive in the mail a Reminder of my clinic appointment and then arrive to have a C&P examination, there was no mention of my having a C&P the day that I had it and the Regional Office vertified that I was going to check on treatment.

6. Why did the Board of Two Psychiatrist feel that they needed to use a light hypnosis for this examination, without my permisssion and refused to allow anyone to be present with me during their examination.

7. Why would the two physicans feel the need to falsify my medical records to give me a personality disorder and the Axis 1 that they gave me and I am certainly not a Gaf of 40 either, but perhaps under hypnosis, one may make a fool of themselves.

8. If you filed for benefits in 1978 and the claim was still open, as it was never adjudicated, this may give the Va. reason for the turn of events that happened.

9. Now the two phychiatrist have a chance to explain the rationale of their decision to The Management Center as remanded by the BVa.

10. They are going to have a chance to prove that all the lies that they said about me are not true.

Thanks to you both,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Josephine,

Te Regional Office may request a 2 PC (Physician Certificate) anytime they feel there is a discrepency in reports or diagnostic issues. I am only assuming, but if my memory is correct you were diagnosed with an Axis I disorder of Anxiety NOS and by another physician a Personality Disorder? If I am wrong please correct me. Apparently you appealed the decision which generated a discrepency in both doctors conclusions. Thus, they want you to be re-examined by 2 other doctors to either confirm or reject the Axis I disorder.

Second, regardless of the circumstances when you go to a VA examination the doctors can examine you in any manner neccessary, short of a surgical procedure. It may be the Regional wanted specific questions answered. I have been involved in a 2 PC examination on several occasions and they usually come about when there are 2 differing opinions. The Regional Office can request any examination necessary to determine the efficacy of a claim. Simply because if was at the BVA level does not preculde them from doing so.

Third, and unfortunately, there is little you can do about the physicians you felt falisfied your findings. If you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this occurred then you will make substantial headway. But not unlike police departments hospitals, clinics, and even the VA have a code of "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil."

I hope with deep sincerity that you prevail!!

Patrick