VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attention Hadit Members. Rin 2900-am15 Is Final Rule

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

I have been tracking this proposal since its inception. It is effective October 6, 2006.

This Rule amends effective dates for claims. There will be a change in the wording for effective dates based on this criteria.

My take on this is:

If a Veteran files a claim and is denied due to the unavailability of service record or part of the record, and re-opens the claim and gets an award, Then The Veteran can ask for an earlier effective date based on this rule.

This is list on the federal register 09/06/2006.

Edited by jstacy

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Anyone working on there own claims should always keep copys of the SMR's never give anyone everything or it will vanish . I keep copys of them in several different places. Trust no one!! I also would suggest that you make a dozen copys and send them to all involved. I have sent my Local VARO- 4 copys and highlighted the Parts that proved my claim with a letter explaining all of Comp Claim. Getting them to actually read it is a trick in its self. Bring them with you and submit them to your VA medical center ,your Veteran Rep,everyone that would even need to look at them,Even the Cogressman has my SMR's. Ive sent them more places then I can think of. Attack from every angle you can until you find a weak link then when you do walk on in, and Smile :rolleyes:

we are in a Battle,Fight to win!!!

Macool

The Buffalo RO lost so much of my evidence from 1994 to 1998 that I began to send all copies of evidence to Secretary Jesse Brown.

I guess I better start doing that with Nicholson and others might want to too-

Send cover letter to the Sec:

The Buffalo RO lost so much of my evidence from 1994 to 1998 that I began to send all copies of evidence to Secretarys Jesse Brown and Gober.

I guess I better start doing that with Nicholson and others might want to too-

Send cover letter to the Sec:

Secretary James Nicholson

Department of Veterans Affairs

810 Vermont Avenue

Washington, D.C. 20420

Dear Secretary Nicholson:

Since the _____ Regional Office cannot properly associate my evidence with my claims file,and has lost it on numerous occasions- as my SOCs reveal-(If they dont list it as evidence - they are saying they dont have it) I am sending copies of my evidence to you for safe keeping so that my claim can be properly resolved.