VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Retro Held Almost A Year Now

Rate this topic

FullTime

Not me. Mine took at the very longest maybe 90 days, and that's because I retired from the Military, and they had to audit my DFAS pay records.

I sure hope you get yours soon.

Good luck with it all.

Aggie

• HadIt.com Elder

Waiting on a retro payment for almost a year now, has anyone else had this issue with Reno NV?

Without the details - - -

I'd be tempted to write and send certified a letter demanding payment, and additional compensation for the unreasonable delay. (The VA is supposedly not allowed to pay interest, but that's sure to gain attention.)

There is an obscure way to file a tort claim when all else fails. You would need a lawyer, first to judge the merits, then to prepare the paper and file in a federal district court.

A potential basis for the tort claim is that the VA has not paid you money past due, and there is no other legal process to compel them to do so.

One thing about such actions is that you may have "right of discovery" that allows/forces the VA to come up with pertinent information.

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

If I were you I would consider a Writ of Mandamus to have a judge oreder the shirkers to do their job.

I have been waiting for a year for retro for dependants in college. They keep saying that they don't owe me retro and i keep telling them they do. Kinda funny at this point, i know I will get the money some day, just not today. It is frustrating that when you tell them this in writing with proof, they hit a button on their computer and it say everything is good. I have also gone back to the CG, they do my audits, and gotten proof from them. I am in the process of putting it all together again and having the DAV do what they can. So to answer your question, I share your pain.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use