VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Bash For A Imo

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Hi,

anyone know if Dr. Bash is still around? I have been trying to reach him for 5 days. I sent him and email and received an auto response. I have called him with no luck and his voice mail is full.

Thanks,

Hugh

I haven't been able to find examples of wins for Dr. Bash other than on his site. He'll be in my area in the next few months and indicated he can do DBQs for my condition(s) as well as an IMO. I'll give him a call later today, but I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with him in terms of successful claims.

Spoke with him today. He recommended service way beyond a nexus letter -- $10,000 worth. Among other things, SSDI and a possible cue for an old claim.

I may spring for a nexus letter from him and another doc, but looking unemployment for rest of the summer, 10K is a bit steep.

Benefit is he's in our area for summer and he can do an actual exam , order tests, etc which make his letters more convincing :-)

Anyway, he referred me to his list of wins -- cases not listed could not be pulled up as they're not public records. His win list is quite impressive. Wish there was a way to compare such lists with the total number of claims so we can compare records.

Snake Eyes---

It kind of sounds like you're searching for a IMO IME doctor who can GUARANTEE you a win with VA. No doctor can do that!

VA has a huge bag of tricks that they pull from to deny veterans unjustly. They have been doing this ever since they have been in existence.

All an IME doctor can do is write a report based on the evidence in front of them. Some doctors can write a better rationale for their reasoning because they are more aware of the policies & procedures that VA uses. Dr. Bash is one of those doctors. I have read a few of his reports and was incredibly impressed with the depth of knowledge he has both medically and of VA. But even with all of that, cases he has written IMO's for have still been denied.

No on the guaranteed win. I've seen plenty of reports about Dr. B and others where solid IMOs were denied.

I'm looking for a doc who is open minded about the connection between OSA and Diabetes, and who can do an actual exam.

Dr. Bash and Dr. Ainse are open minded on the question and Dr. Bash can do an exam. Whether the research applies in my case remains to be seen. But I'm optimistic. Whether the VA will approve without BVA appeal is questionable. But we won't know until we try.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use