VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Bash For A Imo

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Hi,

anyone know if Dr. Bash is still around? I have been trying to reach him for 5 days. I sent him and email and received an auto response. I have called him with no luck and his voice mail is full.

Thanks,

Hugh

• HadIt.com Elder

You know me and a buddy got IME's from the same doctor. The VA totally accepted my IME and totally rejected my buddy's IME. I read his IME. It was perfect. The VA said he was doctor shopping while being so crazy about my IME that they incorporated into my rating decision word for word. It is a coin toss.

John999,

I agree its a coin toss. We spend hours -- and accumulated months -- writing our claims, gathering info, getting professional opinions, etc. and then it almost seems like the result came right off the Craps table in Vegas. I was stunned at the stuff rated in my claim that the VSO included in my fax imformal by accident. The C&P examiner reviewed those anyway and I got SC for two items I didn't even intend to file for in the final claim.

On the other hand -- a condition that was documented in my SMR -- and I gave the SMR dates and BP readings in a statement with the claim -- was denied because the doc who filled out the DBQ gave his own diagnosis date rather than refer to all the readings from my SMR. NOD will be sent on that one.

All,

On the issue of Dr. Bash being hard to get hold of, I share your frustration, and as others have said, you have to be persistent -- AND patient. Depending on when you connect with Dr. Bash and sign on to his services, you may also have a problem getting documentation to him. I've had him "miss" things in mail, fax and email, sending some several times. I don't know if that's a result of him being out of town at the time I sent the items or what (he can speak for himself :-) ). Once you get a finished product from him, you'll be impressed with the CV he sends with it. His SSDI IME was four pages long. His CV was about 13 pages. Quite a brag sheet.... And his work is being decided by people who probably have a BS degree or less.

• HadIt.com Elder

Snake eyes, You are forgetting the most important thing about Dr Craig Bash.

He is the one doctor who knows the VA claims system and how it operates.

He is also a disabled vet.

Here is a show he did a few weeks ago.: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2014/08/13/hadit-veteran-to-veteran-radio-show-dr-bash-john-dorle

If anyone needs to get a hold of Dr Bash, I can help.

Jbasser

Thanks for adding your $.02. I also forgot to mention he also has been at conferences where VSOs learn the latest. My own VSO says he's highly respected.

I don't need help contacting him -- he always reminds me to "bug" him in xxxx days. We're in the final review stage of his next letter/exam report. It does take time... And you will need to work with him through one or more drafts.

Tip for those considering someone like Dr. Bash: You really need to know the facts of your own case. An IME/IMO doc may help you see claim issues you overlook, but it is your claim. Bash is very thorough, though.

• In Memoriam

Dr. BAsh is working on the problems in this post. Dr. Bash did my IME/IMO and also gave me some invaluable suggestions about problems that most don't know. Dr. Bash has amazing credentials. He is very concerned about the people he helps.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use