VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do You Have My Back?

Rate this question

That guy198742

Question

I am at a crossroads in my battle with the VA. I was service connected at 10% for degenerative disk disease in 2011. My claim was pretty cut and dry and i made it through with little to no assistance. My symptoms became a lot worse after my claim was closed. I was treated on multiple occasions for back problem related to this ailment. I lost a great union job over not being able to preform. They drugged me up with the strongest pain meds 3X daily. I filed for an appeal. I claimed that at my original exam, the C&P examiner forced me to over exert myself. I was actually treated for a bulging disk within a week of the exam. I just had my 2nd exam a 7 days ago. The examiner never used the geniometer (sp). I went until the pain started, which was nowhere near what i did at my 1 C&P exam. From everything I've gathered including tricking the VA person on the phone into discussing my claim, my claim was not increased. Benefits explorer and Ab8 both say 10%.

I need to know if i should file an appeal for another exam, get a DBQ, or appeal and let the BVA decide. There is noticeable deterioration on my X-rays from my first exam after ETS compared to know. I had an MRI done that said the condition is causing my disk to bulge , and for bone on bone contact to happen. Is it too late for the DBQ? Do i even have a foot to stand on filing an appeal?

Thank you all for helping

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question