VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retroactive Back Pay.

Rate this question

Archer

Question

My claim is scheduled to close tomorrow for my backpay.

Does anyone know if it does close how long till the backpay hits the bank?

Also does information only get updated on our claims whenever the site is down?

I know this topic was awhile ago but I have another question? My claim had me go from %80 - %100 in April of 2014. DFAS finished their audit in Dec of 2014 and the VA said they received it from DFAS on the 20th of Dec 2014. I received my initial back pay of $5199.00 in Sept/Oct time frame. I have yet to receive the second part of my retro pay and I have heard all sorts of stories from different people. I know the VA had contractors come in specifically to help in this area but I had IRIS tell me it could take up to a year! If they hired outside people to help then why is it taking so long when all they have to do is release the funds. My NOD in 2009 I received 1st check one week then the other the next. Does anyone know whats going on?

I received my retro 5 days or  so before I ever got the BBE. I only knew that I got it because I randomly checked my bank account and it was in there. I then went on ebenies and saw an increase in percentage and about a week after that I received my BBE.

My Original Appeal was filed on June 24th 2011....I got a call from the VA on Dec 6th 2016.They said my pension went from 10% to 90% with dependent increase. I went from 133.17 to 2100.00 and they said i would receive a retro pay from the time my appeal was filed till now.Do they break all that up or is it a lump sum. I still haven't received a new award letter on anything deposited into my account yet.

Grunt11b,

Late this past Summer I received an EED retro payment that reached back to March 2006. I got a direct deposit for the full amount before I knew anything. My only clue was the SCD date for that issue changed from 7/15 to 03/06 on my disability list on ebenefits. Two days later that Eagle landed in my account.

The only things that can slow it down are things like amount, bigger $ amounts require higher ups to sign off on, and yours will. Also if you are retired from the service, then a concurrent receipt audit must be done first. 

I hope and pray it hits ASAP! Merry Christmas Grunt11b!

Semper Fi