VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Think They Are Going To Shaft Me...with Rush Job

Rate this question

confusion99%

Question

Well I looked at ebenefits a few minutes ago. I moved from gathering evidence to prep for decision.

I had my C&P exams Thursday, they have them logged in on Friday. The papers they sent me for my doctor's records that they dated 03 apr, that they mailed on the 16th by postmark, and I did not get until the 21st, the closed out Friday saying non receipt. I just got the records Friday and was going to drive them up Tuesday. I will now have to drive them up tomorrow and hope that they will at least look at them. Seems they have already rushed through their decision. They are just jaming this through to get it off the books, Great, move it out of the backlog and into the appeals area....Looks like they are going to double down on their tactics using to screw Vets and hide the truth from the gov't officials, and the public. Way to go Houston. Of course I will take all this back if i get approved, but I just have that feeling.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think you're right on the general move from the backlog to the appeals process. While there is some success out there, there are a number of us with new appeals as well. So it's a good news, bad news situation. Wish it could be right the first time more quickly...

Hope you're able to get those records in fast enough. Let us know how it goes.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just wait for your decision and be ready to file your NOD. This is your thanks from Uncle Sam for your service.

Well, I drove to Houston (200mi one way) Monday morning. Got there at 8:30am and gave the one Doctors file I had. Still haven't received the other doctors records from them. As I posted in another thread, while in houston I requested a premium account for ebenefits so I could use the blue button to try to get some records since I have not been able too get anything any other way. I got home and later that day tried to log into ebenefits. Well when I applied for the upgrade, they told me it would take about 4 weeks and I would get it in the mail. What they didn't tell me is I would lose access to ebenefits until that time. So now I have no way to check on anything. So I sit in the blind either for 4 weeks or until I get the BBE. I guess just another intentional glitch put into the system to irritate VETS and keep them like mushrooms, in the dark.

My claim did the same thing. From gathering evidence to complete in 1 month. I ended up half way satisfied. I was awarded a 40% and a 10% rating and four 0% ratings.

Update;

The evidence I submitted was overlooked. Never reviewed so now I will have to appeal the shoulder.

Uuugh.. Case proven VA wins again

Edited by jrt1021

Update....got BBE yesterday....Guess I have to take back everything bad I said about Houston. Was granted everything in the end. No increase in IHD, but ended up with IU so it didn't matter. The one thing that I don't understand, is all the new percentages listed, between increases and new contentions approved, seems I meet 100% scheduler, no need for IU. But, in their letter, they said they did not give me specific percentages (or total percentage rating) because they gave me IU. Just mentioned I had 80% prior to this new rating. I know it doesn't matter as far as check is concerned, but if it now equals 100% scheduler, why not do that instead of IU??? Anyway, looks like I will not have to deal with the hamster wheel of appeals, thank god, as don't know if I would have lived long enough to see the end of that battle.

Congrats on the good news, and I prefer to be scheduler 100%, than IU, so the VA does not micromanage as much.