VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Senseless Denial And Forced To Use An Attorney ! Unbelievable. !

Rate this question

DocNyger

Question

Hello fellow vets, I hope all is well and still in the fight. I am new to the site and welcome any and all comments please... I served for 12 years , I've been involved in 3 wars. I separated in August 2003. In March 2005 I filled a claim for 4 contentions. I finally heard about my denial in Nov 2008. The reasoning that VA stated my denials were that even though the QTC doctors documented favorable statements , he didn't state it was from the military. ( I read the exact notes and he did state back issues, knee issues, hypertension, and depression were from my time in the military ). I also stated the locations on my original claims and sent in multiples documentation via hand delivery to my Regional office, faxing my VSO, and certified mail with Return Receipt. In the denial section the Va stated that there was nothing in my medical records. I filled a NOD in Feb 2009 and to date that appeal is still on phase 1...:(. I started to wonder if it's just me or does the Va really denies veterans for no reason..) So I'm waiting !!!!!

In Mar 2011 I filed for PTSD , and PFB (shaving). I've submitted documentation for both the same vehicles that I did before. I received countless messages from VA stating they need sudden information... The same info I sent.... So I called my VSO again, met with her and gave the same copies I sent in, she supposedly walked it up and personally put it in my C -file. Well later I finally got scheduled for a c and p for PTSD. Nothing for PFB. My initial exam was by a mental health doctor at the Va who verbally told my the she was new to the field and after the exam was over, she diagnosed me with major depression and hypertension, she stated that there were multiple symptom for ptsd but unsure if they meet criteria 1 for PTSD and referred me to a Va contracted mental doctor. My treatment started in the beginning of 2012. During his ignition evaluation, he diagnoses me with probable ptsd. He explained to me why, because he just met me and wanted to spend time with me. Well on Apr 25 2013 I was diagnoses with PTSD have severe symptoms. Now all my records were sent to Va and I once again hand delivered them and got the regional acceptance stamp. In the end of October I received a letter stating that the Va wanted me to go to another c and p for PTSD. I called my VSO and explained what was going on and she just stated " I guess you need to be there" ... Why do I have to go through four different evaluations.!!! I truly thought this was crazy. Well I reported to the c and p examination and I experience a very rude ,biased, and incompetent person I have ever dealt with in my 41 years of living. He asked me two question. Do I drink and how often? And how much do I spend on alcohol a month. That's it !!!! Nothing about PTSD symptoms or nothing. I filled out a form asking what are my symptoms which I stated everything from my treatment records. This guy didn't put anything that I verbally stated or written. He had this ( what ever attitude). Not even 10 min later he stated it's done. You probably won't get it... And left the room.

Well I finally left 5 minutes later when he didn't returned, later in Nov 2013 I received a denial letter stating I was denied because I don't have a current diagnosis of PTSD, even though my treatment notes states probable ptsd the recent ptsd exam did not diagnosis me with PTSD. I was floored !!! I ordered I copy of the exam to find out that the examiner diagnosis me with substance abuse... What !!! No one even looked at my records. I went to my regional office again and spoke to another VSO. I showed him the diagnosis from the contracted mental doctor for PTSD back in April and he supposedly walked it up to the raters. He came back and told me that they said there wasn't a signature from the doctor. I pointed out the electronically signature that many doctor uses, then the VSO stated that it does stated that it's a diagnosis, I stated and showed him in the right corner where it states Confirmed Diagnosis ptsd 309. Etc and severity of symptoms., then I was told that the raters said that they would challenge the diagnosis... At that point I said I'll get an attorney because this is not right and the VSO stated " why would you want to do that, they will take all your money" .. Of course I left and found a good attorney who took my case and was shocked how the Va handle my case. The attorney stated that the Va is famous for creating bad evidence to out way the good .. Is that true? What do you think about my case? I'm sorry for the long message .. Just need to vent and my wife is getting tired of the nightmares, isolation, and me talking about it... Thank all of you in advance for your comments and advice !!!

Edited by DocNyger

I was ridiculed by my SO for getting a lawyer as she claimed she could win on appeal. If she had done it correctly the first time I would probably not been in that situation. My Lawyer got me from 50% to current 80%. I have been waiting for a decision on my IU that everyone claims is a slam dunk (Yea right!) If it is denied I could care less what percentage I pay the Lawyer. It's now the principle!

• HadIt.com Elder

so sorry to hear about all your issues The VA has done you wrong, they should rated you 100% not the 80% but I don't blame you keep fighting until you win that's what it takes dealing with the VA. just hang in there.

Good Luck!

• In Memoriam

Yes the VA will flat out lie this sends a Vet into the Appeal Process. Of coarse you know how they lie now.

I like the fact that QTC, an organization I can't stand, diagnosed you with MDD and hypertension. This is more valuable than you know. I think they are trying to knock down their own contracted C&P by trying to say you drink and much more. You should dig into this diagnosis by QTC. VA hates when a contractor crosses them. Hang in there you are on the right track

• HadIt.com Elder

''Asknod'' has some truly great Information/advice I suggest re-read his postings about this issue!

Edited by britton

This is criminal in nature. If a verified mental health doctor diagnosis you with PTSD by sound approved means, then you should be verified of having PTSD.

I think its bogus to take veterans through loop holes when the medical evidence is present.

This practice jams the system and is the reason for huge backlogs.

Approve the claims which meet the criteria and properly inform the veterans whose claims need more work.

"DONT EVER GIVE UP"

Thank you fats and others for responding .. Some of these post kind of goes away from my original post so hard to follow but I'm still hanging in there